News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

RAF 29th Fighter Squadron badge. What period?

Hello everyone

This small (lapel?) badge is 33x21mm. Gilt metal and enamel. Reverse carries a vertical pin and the maker's mark : M.W. MILLER Ltd B'HAM. 18

[/center

29th Fighter Squadron has a long story dating back to WW1, and I believe it is still operational. Would it be possible to establish what period this particular badge might be ? 1918 ? WW2 ? Later ?

Thank you

Edited by Veteran

Hello everyone

This small (lapel?) badge is 33x21mm. Gilt metal and enamel. Reverse carries a vertical pin and the maker's mark M.W. MILLER Ltd B'HAM. 18

[/center

29th Fighter Squadron has a long story dating back to WW1, and I believe it is still operational. Would it be possible to establish what period this particular badge might be ? WW2 ? Later ?

Thank you

Hi best estimate as it has a king's crown and not Queens, pre 1952

hope this helps

regards

Alex

Thanks Alex

This is a very useful start. It came with a WW2 set of medals but it could have been older (number 18 on reverse 1918?). I hope more informations will be forthcoming.

Best regards

Paul

Edited by Veteran

Thank you very much Mervyn. The badge is a very good looking one. It came in a lot with a copy (so marked) AIR FORCE MEDAL and DEFENSE & 1939-45 WAR MEDALS.

Regards

Paul

Edited by Veteran