News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown ribbons on Weimar vanity ribbon bar

I picked up this ribbon bar with four vanity awards and a LS ribbon -- I can recognize the Marinekorps Flandern Cross in 2nd place and the Treu dem Regiment ribbon in fourth. Any idea what the other two are?

Guest Rick Research

I've never seen either of the mystery ribbons. The first one is so dazzling, would certaainly rmemeber it-- looks like a bee being squeezed by the saxon colors.

There is a gigantic gaping hole in reference material on these Weimar era vanity awards. What little--very little-- there is (random "sightings" in sales catalogs over the years and so on) has always been in black and white.

A book simply showing these sorts of awards in verified COLOR would be a most excellent addition to our libraries. Somebody? Anybody? (hint hint)

a 100% Weimar era Veteran org. bar :speechless1: .... I agree with Daniel that N°6 is the blue ribbon for the austrian Ehrenlegion cross and I think too that N°1 is one of the various saxon vets awards (Ehrenbund sächsischer Weltkriegsteilnehmer - they had many variations and "classes")

What is really funny is N°3 - the only idea that I have is that the maker of the ribbon bar had not the miniature ribbon for the award in stock so he took the full size ribbon and we can see only the half ribbon...maybe you can check this possibility. I think that because it is the only award with these ribbon colours I know - and they are in right precedence... Der deutsche Volksorden - Deutsch-Bekenntniskreuz of the Allgemeine Deutsche Volksgemeinschaft....

On 7.11.2009 at 02:27, HeikoGrusdat said:

OK....I have found N°1 too.....

Landes-Kriegerverband Sachsen - Sächsische Kriegerverdienst-Medaille in Silber

Ahhh thank you! That's the one yes. 

Makes sense that the last one is Austrian Ehrenlegion rather than LS.

No. 3 -- yes maybe the Deutsch-Bekenntniskreuz -- it has swords too on Claudio's bar.

So this would be a Saxon member of the Marinekorps Flandern.

Edited by webr55

Guest Rick Research

Not necessarily. I have seen enough odd medal bars with the MKF Cross in them to suspect that anyone who paid for one ("I served in Flanders, too...") was allowed to... buy one.

As one of the best looking of all the vanity "decorations," it would have been popular simply as a nice looking "award."

Not necessarily. I have seen enough odd medal bars with the MKF Cross in them to suspect that anyone who paid for one ("I served in Flanders, too...") was allowed to... buy one.

As one of the best looking of all the vanity "decorations," it would have been popular simply as a nice looking "award."

It's possible - though there was a commission supposed to verify the recipient's (or buyer's) qualifications (having been a member of the Marinekorps). About 30,000 crosses were awarded... err bought.

The cross was 3.50 Reichsmark, the miniature 2 Reichsmark, and one of the clasps cost 50 Pfennig.