Hey all - just picked up a very nice visor for the above regiment - inscribed on inside is slightly faded name "Cuilini" or "Guilini" - nothing in the 1914 Ranklist for Officers - may be a OYV or in an earlier list.

There were two Baden cavalry GIULINIs

In 1914, page 749: Lt dR DR 20, resident in Hamburg -- he received BZ3bX 06.10.14 as "Lt u Ordonnanz Offizier 28. Res Div" and

page 750: Lt dR DR 21, resident Heidelberg, BZ3bX 18(or 15--Roll is illegible which is why the late Erhard Roth gave up at this point)06.18 as "Oberlt u Ord Offz 25. Res Div."

Yours is presumably the former, and the tailor screwed up the unfamiliar Italian name. :beer:

Ahhhh banger.gif the answer was right in front of me in the 1914 list - totally didn't figure on a spelling mistake! Was giving me fits as everything about the cap seemed to be DR20 Officer and later pre-war. Interesting he's a reservist - Baden cockade doesn't reflect reserve status - but I suppose he "upgraded" with war on the go and/or Ordonnanz Offizier posting. Rick thanks again mate!cheers.gif

There were two Baden cavalry GIULINIs

In 1914, page 749: Lt dR DR 20, resident in Hamburg -- he received BZ3bX 06.10.14 as "Lt u Ordonnanz Offizier 28. Res Div" and

page 750: Lt dR DR 21, resident Heidelberg, BZ3bX 18(or 15--Roll is illegible which is why the late Erhard Roth gave up at this point)06.18 as "Oberlt u Ord Offz 25. Res Div."

Yours is presumably the former, and the tailor screwed up the unfamiliar Italian name. beer.gif