News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

As I saw a very succefull thread on the British and Commonwealth forum, I hope next to the stories we already know from the members of this forum , others will come along in this thread

My personal connection to soldiers in WWI is the son of the brother of my grandfathers grandfather (as my grandfathers grandfather himself was already in a naturalized Dutch citizen by that time.

Wilhelm Albert Karl August M?ldner , geboren Berlin 7.11.1887, Ritter des Eisernen Kreuzes I. Klasse und II. Klasse (Preussen), Seefliegerabzeichen (Preussen) (24.9.1915), 22.8.1914 Diensteintritt im Freiwillige Marine Flieger Korps, 7.1915 Obermatrose, II. Seeflieger-Abteilung, dann Flugmaat, 1.1916 I. Seeflieger-Abteilung (Station Varna, Bulgarien) und II. Seeflieger-Abteilung, 4.7.1916 Vizeflugmeister, 24.5.1917 Leutnant der Reserve der Matrosenartillerie, 15.9.1917 II. Adjudant der Stab der I. Seeflieger-Abteilung (Kiel-Holtenau), 17.4.1918 zur Verf?gung der Kommandeur der Flieger des Marine Korps Flandern (Br?gge, Belgien), 6.5.1918 zur Verf?gung der Marine Flugchef (Berlin), 21.1.1920 ausser Dienst, dann Kaufmann in Berlin, seit 1926 die Gesch?fte seiner Vater v?llig ?bernommen, gestorben Berlin 1942.

Wilhelms father, who was an uncle of my grandfathers father, was a Berlin paper-factorer. Of him I do have a photo and In memoriam

No photo yet, sadly but I will visit Freiburg sometime, as I heard there is the Kriegstagebuch of one of Wilhelm's units.

David M.

Edited by David M

Hi David,

i have some connections to WW2 throught my Mother, who was a Marinehelferin in Kiel in WW2 and won a Bravery Award (KVK with X), my father and my uncle, who were both in the RAD. My father later became Luftwaffenhelfer (he was still very young then) and my Uncle fell in Stalingrad. I have the deathcard of my uncle in a RAD-Uniform and the KVK with swords of my mom (my greatest trasure). Thats all, what survived over the last 60 years.

you have a most interesting Family history!

best,

Gerd

Edited by Gerd Becker