News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

HERTFORDSHIRE CONSTABULARY PAY SHEET

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

This was recently found behind books in the UK - I had forgotten it - my first thoughts were that Leigh would enjoy looking at the details.

You do not find documents of this nature on the open market - usually they are consigned to archives. The details show the entire complement of men at the St. Albans Division - from Sergeants down. However, the Chief Constable and most of the officers' seem to have signed for it being correct. The wages paid seem pitifully 'thin' by today's standards - but in fact, many families were raised on this amount and police status put them in lower middle class.

Because I have had to separate the sections to make the details legible, it does mean rather a lot of posts - however, the various headings make interesting reading.

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >