Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Great collection! I truly enjoyed it! Hope you'll add to this post when you acquire some more of these superb Canadian artefacts!

About time I added another helmet to the gallery. This from the 6th Canadian Cavalry Regiment (Hussars) of Montreal, ca 1879. Unusually for a Hussars regiment this unit adopted a white metal dragoons/yeomanry helmet in lieu of the more typical Busby. The artwork is by Bunnett and dates from ca 1885.

6cdncav.jpg6cav1.jpg

Two more helmets. First up an example of an officer's helmet to the Corps of Guides - forerunners to the Canadian Intelligence Corps, ca.1905

guides.jpg

Edited by servicepub

Clive,

excellent helmets, please remember me in your will.

Stuart

But Stuart, I already have. It's on page 7, third paragraph, where I say "Hi Stuart". See, I remembered. :rolleyes:

Clive,

give me a break. I am still trying to think up a reply to your last jibe on my collection thread :blush:

Stuart

It's just my way of manifesting my jealousy over your wonderful collection. I'll be good, I promise.:beer:

It has been a while since I last posted and thought that I would share a recent acquisition. This cap, circa 1880, to a Colour-Sergeant of the Governor-General's Foot Guards - an Ottawa, Ontario based regiment, was found by a friend at an estate sale in Phoenix, Arizona. It was advertised as an "Eastern Star, Masonic Order Lad's Cap".  It shows that rare items can show up anywhere. GGFG forage cap.jpg

A corner of my basement. I couldn't resist adding the caption to the photo.

Drugs cheaper meme.jpg