News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Gents,

Does this badge appear to be correct?? Any idea of the maker???

Thanks you for looking>

Sean

Sean, I think if you re-sized the images you might get some asnwers. The images are too small to show much detailed needed to ID the manufacturer.

Richard

• 1 month later...
    • 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I'm recently in the process of learning more about destroyer documents and badges. And one item that keeps me busy in my early stages, is the following unmarked badge. It has been discussed partially on the WAF, and most seem to go for B.H.Mayer. It's not that I question originality in the first place, but wouldn't one expect a round C-wire catch? Is it possible this one has a resoldered catch?

Thanks for any clarification,

Laurens

Hello Laurens,

Some similar in the pin fittings, but it's definitely not a Mayer. There are a number of differences to the obverse die characteristics compared to Mayer pieces, particularly around the bow of the destroyer. The Mayer bow is more pronounced and sharper. Some differences in the waves also.

Thank you for your input, Gordon. I try to find makers that use this kind of reverse setup, and then look for similarities in the obverse. Quite a difficult task, that is :speechless:

If Mayer is out of the question, I believe an unmarked Steinhauer & Luck comes near regarding the setup. Someone mentioned F&BL too, but I don't have any pictures on file from the latter. May I know what your feeling tell you, Gordon?

All the best,

Laurens

Its a tough call. I've checked through the images I have but can't see an exact match. The bows look very blunt, compared with what I'd normally expect to see. This comparison should show what I mean.

It would be easier with a scan rather than a photo as the badge is obviously tilted back away from the camera. This would give vertical distortion but should not effect horizontal which is what would effect the bow.

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

Since a few days, I can look back to the following items with much pride. These are my first steps in the world of Kriegsmarine, and I'm quite pleased with the documents from Torpedoboot Wolf and the latest JFS Destroyer badge. For a change, the badge holds quite some of its original finish...

Best regards,

Laurens

Thank you gentlemen!

The document was a planned purchase, as I share much interest in Torpedoboot Wolf (lost with approx. 20 crew members near Dunkirk, late 1941). The destroyer badge fell out of the sky only a few days later, but I couldn't resist to buy it...

Laurens

Thank you gentlemen!

The document was a planned purchase, as I share much interest in Torpedoboot Wolf (lost with approx. 20 crew members near Dunkirk, late 1941). The destroyer badge fell out of the sky only a few days later, but I couldn't resist to buy it...

Laurens

You were right to grab that Destroyer. Its easy to find tombak badges with good finish but to find a zinker with so much original finish intact is a rare treat indeed. This one is a beauty.

Hi Guys !

I got this Destroyer badge for some weeks ago .

It is the first time I see an Destroyer Badge with such pinupset .

It has been suggested that this badge could have been made by Pets & Lorenz .

They used this pinsetup .

Jan Arne

Edited by Jan Arne S