News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am a bit unsure of this piece but none the less it remains one of my favorites in my collection (I have yet to see it in any original photograghs mounted on a 20mm but am searching).

This is the complete sight, minus the rubber eye-cup, and its mount. I'm not very happy with the paint that has been applied post war and would like to remove it. Possibly later re-painting it to its original color; I believe it was a light grey-green ? If anyone has any suggestions on how to take the paint off safely I would love to hear from you.

(Also I would like to post more photos. Can anyone tell me how to do this as the allowable size per post is 70k I think ?) - Thank You Gents

Just a few more details to share.

This is the flak sight broken down.

I also weighed the intire combination and its weighing in at an un-natural 35 lbs. (~16 kg). Visually it doesn't look like it should weigh this much.

Here's a shot through the sight. You can see the cross-hairs, etc. The collector that I bought the sight from explained that the sight is rated for depth. This explains the weight of it. I believe that it is also a "gas" filled optic.

The sight doesn't magnify but is a wide lense. I suppose that this was used only for range finding and not so much as searching for threats?

I'm extemly curious about this instrument. I find it hard to understand that something like this, being depth rated, would be left on the "Wintergarten" during submersion. But it is extremly robust.

If anyone could suggest where to further reasearch this optic I'd love to hear - Thanks again Gents

• 3 weeks later...