News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kingdom of Yugoslavia - Shoulder Boards

paja

• Replies 111
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Emanuel,

no, it's the same one on this pics. But I bought it along with this one

It seems to be unused, it isn't pierced and the golden part is not made of metal. It's also red (infantry) I think it's for the higher officers (major up).

Can you tell something more about it? Is this item authentic, was it used by millitary and in what period?

Yes paja,

as you said it's an unused High Officer epolete but without the 4 crack stars and the metal part.

These epoletes was used from Serbian-SHS and after that Yugoslavian Kingdom army from 1920-1939.

There were influenced from Russian Empire's Military style (before that and from 1861-1882 Serbian Officers and Underofficers had epoletes influenced by Austrian Army) from 1882 until, as you know, the begining of Communist era in the Country.

Emaunel thanks for info!

You mentioned Communist era, it's interesting that even Yugoslav Army (Jugoslovenska armija) after the WW2 (from 1946 'till 1955) used very similar hard epaulettes,

looking up to Soviet model, just as Yugoslav Royal Army was looking up to Russian Empire.

Shoulder boards 1920-1939 - Officers

This pair belonged to my late grandfather-in-law, he was a reserve 2nd lieutenant of AA artillery. At the time of attack to Yugoslavia (6th April 1941) he was mobilised and sent to navy base of Boka Kotorska, where according to the family history his unit shot down one of attacking Stuka's.

Thank you, Saša! I'm glad I got these epaulettes - and the story is also interesting. The grandpa died before I met my wife, so I didn't know him :( but I've hear alot about him. He was talking about this shot down stuka and said the pilot was blown in half, his lower body missing, but the upper body was still in a cabin, with open eyes and very confused face... I don't know if that was true, but sounds interesting... :o

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Andyg,

My compliments. Very beautiful pieces. Can you tell me, if this kind of epaulettes have been used even during first period Tito? Or, at least, in the same time with the Albanian using of them (1947-1952).

Artan as I said before communists were using the same or very similar hard epaulettes from 1946 'till 1955.