News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

United Nations Police

• Replies 78
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G'day All,

This was the UN Brassard that was issued to me whilst deployed to UNMIT in Timor 2007. I never wore it. It was issued as some contingents wore their national police uniforms which did not display the UN patch.

Chris

It's interesting that these brassards appear to still be a kind of "general issue" for military & police in UN missions, along with the beret, loose UN patches, cravat, blue armband with UNH insignia & sometimes a mission-specific embroidered title.

• 1 month later...
    • 1 year later...

Some insignia are UN generic, others are specifically for police contingents serving in UN MIssions.

Here are a few of each:

The gilt & enamel beret badge of the type issued in the 1970's, worn for example by the Australian police contingent in Cyprus as well as the varous military contingents.

The badge as issued by the end of the 1990's, I'm not sure if "the white" is of enamel or plastic.

Hello

I collect UN cap badges ;is possible to know what is incribe on the back of those badges

I am an old french and is difficult for me to write in english,i am sorry

Best regards Gerard