News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Post you Police Uniforms

Hello,

I haven't posted for a while so I have decide to start a post where those of us interested in police relics can post their uniforms to share with the community. I apologize if I have posted some of these before.

First an NCO from the 2nd Berlin mounted Schutzpolizei, the only mounted unit entitled to wear the "Southern Cross" traditions badge. Of course the tschako has a musician's plume, but you get the idea:

• Replies 83
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bill,

I've just had another look through your uniform picture posts, you really have some terrific police jackets and accouterments in super condition there, I take it everything shown on the pictures is original. I've been offered a police jacket from the forestry department - Forst Polizei - thats what I've been told it is. I'm mulling it over, the seller wants 350 euro, if you care to take a look here's a couple of photos.

Best Wishes

Hello,

The tunic you show is a Meister d. Schutzpolizei, or a warrant officer of the protection police and has nothing to do with forests. It is the same branch as my fist two posts in this thread.

The Schutzpolizei was the big city police as well as the barracks/riot police. Later they made up the bulk of the SS police division personnel. The rank is the highest NCO.

It appears to be a very nice post 1941 tunic with un-named sleeve eagle. It also appears to be made in high grade light weight wool. The badge loops are bad and it has a couple of moth holes BUT the price quoted seems VERY reasonable in today's market, at least to me.

And YES, everything I show above is original.

Regards,

William Unland

Edited by W.Unland

Hello William,

Thanks for your detailed information on the Schutzpolizei Waffenrock. I wonder if you could give my some further advice.

Local auction house has this Polizei Jacket, trousers, leather boots for sale in mid -January. I only have this picture from the catalog, which describes it so - Uniform 3 piece and it doesn't show the trousers and boots. Looking at your pictures, to me it looks like Feurschutz Polizei Service Uniform, you've posted in your thread.

From 4th January 2010 its possible to view items on sale. I shall certainly be going in to have a look at the items on offer. Could you confirm that its Feuerschutz? as I've only a finite amount of money, which of the two ( assuming you have none - like me) would you be inclined to buy.

Best Wishes & Merry Christmas

Alec

Hello,

It certainly appears to be a Feuerschutzpolizei tunic, and an untouched one! The sleeve eagle has had the name cut off and re-sewn to follow the regulations of 1941. A collector would never sew down a "damaged" eagle so this tunic seems to be one of the few that has not been altered.

You must consider that the Schutzpolizei d. Gemeinden wore the same tunic with carmine-red rather than carmine-pink piping. The colors can be very similar so a hands on inspection would be needed. If more pink then FSP.

I do notice the damage to the collar, that should be considered when evaluating price. The shadow of the belt across the tunic shows this one saw some real use, or possibly long time display on a mannequin.

Regards,

W.Unland

Hello William,

Hate to pester you, but I've just come across police jacket on offer, described as Stadt Jacket, it doesn't seem to match any of the jackets in the thread. The piping & police badge have an orange colour also the shoulder epaulets are not there. Overall the jacket condition seems to my untrained eyes to be in good condition, perhaps too good. Any thoughts?

Regards

Alec