News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help iden tifying Ulanka

Gentlemen,

I've have had this Ulanka for several years and despite many hours going over my reference books I have been unable to establish a regiment to link this tunic to. I hope that someone from this forum can help. The tunic has a slight blue tinge to the grey but the colour is darker than shown in the photo. The collar is a different colour and of a green shade. The collar tabs are closer to a cream colour than to white. There are no markings inside the tunic. There are no cyphers on the boards nor any indications that there ever were any.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

Here is a photo that came in the pocket of the tunic. Not the same man/tunic probably as there is no obvious red piping and the shoulder boards in the photo have cyphers on them but they can not be made out. The collar tabs also appear to be a different colour. Any comments on the photo would be appreciated as well.

Regards,

Gordon

Hardy,

Thanks for the info on my tunic. Great to have this accurate information and know what regiment it was from.

Chris,

Yes the tunic is in really surprisingly good condition for its age. I picked it up years ago at a gun show in Montreal. You hardly ever saw tunics for sale there. A friend had to loan me the money to buy it. Glad now that I did manage to buy it.

Regards,

Gordon

Though not appearing to be feldgrau, this jacket has the Residagrün collar of the Kleiner Rock. The combination of the white Kragenpatten and gilt buttons was also worn by the officers of three of the cadet houses (Berlin-Lichterfelde, Köslin and Plön).

Chip

• 2 years later...