News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Looking for Photograph

I have a English-Infantry Pattern-1854 Sword Engraved on the Blade C.H. MALAN. 75TH STIRLINGSHIRE REGT AND “DEUS ARX MEA’ = Latin translation God keep me. Whilst I have been able to collect two books written by C H Malan “Sketches from life in the British Army and A Soldiers Experience” I have been unable to track down a picture of the man, hence this post.

Major Charles H MALAN 75th Regiment.

Ensign – 6/11/1854

Lieut – 9/3/1855

Captain 4/6/1858

Major – 14/10/1868

Captain Malan served in the 7th Fusiliers at the siege and fall of Sebastopol from 12th June 1855 (Medal and Clasp), was severely wounded in four places at the first assault of Redan (medal and clasp, and Turkish Medal). Malan was deeply religious and involved with a number of churches which I have writtent to along with his regiment, to date no one has found a picture of the man.

If anyone happens upon a picture of Major Charles H Malan I would be most greatfull.

Cheers Cathey