News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Embroidered EM Collar Tabs

Hi guys,

Been away from the forum for a little while. Attached per Paul's request is my set of embroidered collar tabs.

These were from the George Peterson collection.

Gary B

Edited by Gary B

Reverse

The tabs are an identical matched pair, but for some reason the buckram on the revese is different colored. the one tab has a nice dark gold lacquered buckram while the other has a white lacquered buckram backing.

Gary B

I recently saw one other set for sale. If you are intersted I will see if I can find them.

Gary B

Gary,

Thank you for posting these tabs! I have never before heard of or seen a set of embroidered collar tabs.

Are there any others out there? :love:

Regards

Paul

Not sure. If someone could post a set of East German or Bundeswehr that might help. I know GP purchased these many years ago when he bought out many old tailor stocks decades ago. These resided in his personal collection.

Gary B

Could these be early East German or even Bundeswehr? :Cat-Scratch:

Hi...

Pics are courtesy of Ebay searching.

The next three posts will be of the three East German Luftwaffe tabs. The first covers the ranks of Major to Oberst(Senior Officer rankings).

(the actual rank is noted on the shoulder boards)

NOTE... there is a green waffenfarbe as well for the Boarder Guard Air Wing. Same ranking system is used with the Border Guard Air Wing and the Air Force.

Again, these are for the ranks of Major to Oberst.

I have seen an embroidered set on a tunic...ONCE.

As an additional note, there was no waffenfarbe in the East German Airforce. No matter what your speciality was, light blue was the color on the tabs and boards.

Edited by Paul Reck

The next set of East German tabs are for the East German Paratroopers.

There were two variations. This set is the latter of the two.(earlier version used litzen like the rest of the Landforces)

Here is a set of officers tabs(same for all ranks). The enlisted tabs were the same for all enlisted ranks. The enlisted tabs did not have the metallic piping as these officer tabs do.

Edited by Paul Reck

Next up, I have a set of Bundeswehr Luftwaffe tabs(picture, again found on Ebay). As far as I know, these were pretty much universal between all of the ranks. From what I understand, the officer tabs were bullion and piped.

The tabs shown, I have seen on Enlisted uniforms.

Edited by Paul Reck