News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Commemorative Medal for 65 Years of WW2

TacHel

President Medvedev has approved a new medal:

Jubilee medal "65 YEARS OF VICTORY IN THE GREAT PATRIOTIC WAR 1941 - 1945"

Decree 238 dated 4 March 2009.

Link to President Medvedev's speech (in English) of 4 December 2009 during the first award ceremony (courtesy of Christophe)

Link to the actual Presidential Decree (in Russian) (courtesy of Christophe)

Edited by TacHel

Hi François,

No need "courtesy", this is public information from the Kremlin, as published on their website... :beer:

Cheers.

Ch.

Hi François,

No need "courtesy", this is public information from the Kremlin, as published on their website... :beer:

Cheers.

Ch.

My motto is give credit where credit is due. You're the one that sought them out and found them.

• 1 month later...
    • 5 months later...

I was at the Izmailovo market in Moscow in May this year and even then several varations of this medal could already be found.

Yup, they.re fast aren't they? But the medal above is the only "official" one from the government. All other variations are from civilian and/or veterans' organizations.

Are you certain of that? I also have different variations of the 50 and 60 Years of Victory Medals, but I have always been under the impression that these were simply made by different mints, using different dies or something like that.

Are you certain of that? I also have different variations of the 50 and 60 Years of Victory Medals, but I have always been under the impression that these were simply made by different mints, using different dies or something like that.

Unless the medal has the same design and ribbon with finite differences to the one above due to a different mint, then it isn't an official one. Some organizations like Umalatova went as far as using the EXACT same medal and simply adding cheap enamels. I could name you a dozen events with a myriad of commemorative medal with varying designs, yet all only have a single official (governmental) medal. And yes, I am absolutely sure about this.

In the next few days (because this weekend I don't have the time), I'll post some of the medals you mentioned, and I'll ID the orgs that spat them out. For example, have a look at post #4 of this thread: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37199

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 years later...
    From the collecting point of view, this medal is interesting because it was not produced only by the Mint of the Russian Federation
    but also by some CIS states Mintspecifically from Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Belarus, then there are five variants of the medal,
    while as regards the documents there are four types.
    Below I show you the five variants of the Medal
    MMD (Moscow Mint)
    mlbk.jpg
    SPMD (St. Petersburg Mint)
    979g.jpg
    Ukraine Mint
    4jzt.jpg
    Belarus Mint
    oe37.jpg
    Kazakhstan Mint
    rk1a.jpg

I show my Jubilee Medal for 65 years of the victory of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 Var 1 (MMD)
    « 65 лет Победы в Великой Отечественной войне 1941-1945 гг. »
    w4sq.jpg
    The Document of the Russian Federation
    ef0o.jpg
    Assigned to:
    Кумарев ...... Kumarev
    Валентин ...... Valentin
    Варфaломеевич ...... Varfalomeevich
    Awarded by:
    Чрезвычайный и Полномочный Посол Российской Федераций ...... Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation
    в Латвийской Республике ...... in the Republic of Latvia
    А.А. Вешняков ...... A.A. Veshnjakov