News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kriegsmarine badges in wear.

• Replies 309
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some very fine looking photo's there Larry and thanks for posting them.

I really like the 1st photo with the Minesweeper badge with the Imperial EKI and Spange.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by Martin W

• 1 month later...

That is nice! I wonder if he was on ships or in the Marine Arty in Belgium

Hi Chris,

The photo is a bit of a puzzle. Is he old enough to have earned a WW1 wound badge?

The Coastal Artillery NCO trade badge on his sleeve would suggest he was land based.

I am not an expert on uniforms but did land based Kriegsmarine troops wear that type of uniform?

Cheers,

Larry

Hi Chris,

The photo is a bit of a puzzle. Is he old enough to have earned a WW1 wound badge?

The Coastal Artillery NCO trade badge on his sleeve would suggest he was land based.

I am not an expert on uniforms but did land based Kriegsmarine troops wear that type of uniform?

Cheers,

Larry

Hi Larry,

He's also wearing his ribbon bar with the WW1 EK2 and KVK2 so quite a record there. From the look of him and his wife he could be in his 40's and have been a teenager in WW1 -- maybe a career Navy guy? And he could be wearing his blue uniform since he's stepping out with his wife.

Best regards.

---Norm

Hi Larry,

I think that all KM personnel were issued with both the blue and grey uniforms,and white?

Here are a couple of images that i have showing the CA award in wear on different uniforms.

Earlier in this thread i have also posted images of "ship" based KM personnel wearing the field-grey uniform.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by Martin W

Hi Martin,

Sorry I didn't see your post before I replied to Norm. Nice photos and additional information regarding the types of uniforms

worn by KM personnel. The Prinz Eugen (Destroyer Badge) photo I posted earlier shows him in KM blue with the DB worn on his jacket.

This photo is from a small Prinz Eugen lot which in some photos shows him wearing the field grey uniform as well. I naturally thought that

seeing he was wearing field grey he must have been transfered to land based duties. Going by yours and Norm's replies this may not be the case.

Cheers,

Larry

Edited by LarryT

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Super MKP (Marinekustenpolizei) photo Morten. ;)

Gosh,i wish you had a scanner so that we can see some of these great photo's you have in your collection,in detail my friend.

Regards,Martin.

Hello Martin!

Hope i can buy me a scanner in the near futur.It is frustrating without.

Regards Morten!

Civilian wearing his blockade runner badge and his

party membership button

attachicon.gifMjpg687.jpg

Regards

Andreas

Great photo Andreas.

Hard to find these "civilian" photo's with the stickpin in wear.

Thanks for showing this one.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by Martin W

Very nice to see a mini in wear! Of all the minis that exist, it makes sense that there would be the greatest chance of seeing a Blockade Breaker mini in wear since they were awarded to civilians.

I've often wondered why it's near impossible to find photos of other KM badge minis in wear, and I can only assume it's because in wartime there was virtually no opportunity for a sailor to be off for an extended leave in cvilian clothes to wear such a thing.

Best regards,

---Norm

I've often wondered why it's near impossible to find photos of other KM badge minis in wear, and I can only assume it's because in wartime there was virtually no opportunity for a sailor to be off for an extended leave in cvilian clothes to wear such a thing.

Best regards,

---Norm

Interesting point Norm and i have to admit i am inclined to agree with you.

Besides the mini BB award the only other KM mini's i have seen in wear on civilian clothes are post 1957.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by Martin W