News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kriegsmarine badges in wear.

• Replies 309
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like a great grouping Erik and please post the rest of the group.I would really like to see it. ;)

I have a huge file/album on the THOR compiled by one of the Officers and interestingly it includes this hand coloured photo of Nehm.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by Martin W

Erik:

Would it be possible to get Nehm's specific career details from you?

I have been working on an auxiliary cruiser crew database for about 18 years. All I presently have on him is: "Nehm, Walter. Matrosengefreiter, Thor-1 & Thor-2, Awarded EK2 on 05 Apr 1941. Sailed on THOR's second cruise as an Oberbootsmannsmaat."

Any help would be appreciated!

Joe

Erik:

I have been working on an auxiliary cruiser crew database for about 18 years. All I presently have on him is: "Nehm, Walter. Matrosengefreiter, Thor-1 & Thor-2, Awarded EK2 on 05 Apr 1941. Sailed on THOR's second cruise as an Oberbootsmannsmaat."

Any help would be appreciated!

Joe

Hi Joe,

How's this page for starters... Nehm's photo album, which was compiled in 1993, has a wealth of information about his career. He notes that he was on board the destroyer Bruno Heinemann on September 27, 1941. I would assume that this marked the end of his service on HKs. I will post more of the album in a separate post as time allows.

Best Regards,

Erik

Hi Joe,. I will post more of the album in a separate post as time allows.

Best Regards,

Erik

Please do Erik.

Along with Joe i am interested in seeing any HK related photo's and especially from the THOR.Nehm served on the 1st cruise under Kahler and as you pointed out he transfered to Destroyers.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by Martin W

Erik:

All I presently have on him is: "Nehm, Walter. Matrosengefreiter, Thor-1 & Thor-2, Awarded EK2 on 05 Apr 1941. Sailed on THOR's second cruise as an Oberbootsmannsmaat."

Joe

Joe,

am i missing something here?

I have both crewlists from THOR 1&2.I do not see Nehm's name on the second cruise crewlist under Gumprich??

Erik mentioned that Nehm transfered to the Zerstorer "Bruno Heinemann" on Sept 27 1941.

THOR 2 departed on her cruise on 30 Nov 1941.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by Martin W

Erik: Thanks that is a start for sure. Was he assigned to Z8 "BRUNO HEINEMANN" on 27 Sep 1941 and stayed aboard until the sinking of Z8 on 25 Jan 1942. Then was assigned to Z31?

Martin: Just a transcription mistake on my part. No worries. Your crew lists are good ones.

Joe

Erik: Thanks that is a start for sure. Was he assigned to Z8 "BRUNO HEINEMANN" on 27 Sep 1941 and stayed aboard until the sinking of Z8 on 25 Jan 1942. Then was assigned to Z31?

Martin: Just a transcription mistake on my part. No worries. Your crew lists are good ones.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Yes, Nehm was on board Bruno Heinemann on 27 Sept. 1941 and survived the sinking of the destroyer on January 25, 1942. His ausweis, which is in the grouping I acquired, was in his uniform jacket. Nehm was then assigned to Z31 (the grouping has the commissioning photo). I will start a new thread showing much of the grouping in the documents forum soon.

Here is the BRUNO HEINEMANN album page from Nehm's album.

Best Regards,

Erik

• 3 months later...

Last month i picked up a large grouping from the HK Stier,photo's,documents, negatives,etc.

I was just going through some of the paperwork and this photo fell out of an envelope.I could not beleive my luck,beautiful photo and pin sharp.

His name is Petersen,an officer on the Stier.

Regards,Martin.

He is Oberleutnant zur See Ludolf Petersen, First Officer of Stier...

• 5 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...

Here is another nice image i just picked up from Germany that shows the HSF badge in wear.

A nicely detailed photo that was taken in a studio in Marseille,France.

On this print you can actually see where the negative was retouched on his face.

Regards,Martin.

• 1 year later...
    • 1 month later...