News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Jus thought I would post a picture of my latest Krim Shield. After returning two reproduction Krims this marked JFS 42 is the first replacement to arrive with a second Deumer still en route. Unlike previous purchases this time I did my homework through the workings of Sascha Webers great book on the Krim shield and hopefully my efforts paid off. I cant fault it which is why I am posting it for others with more knowledge than me to adjudicate. Sorry about the quality of the pictures as I am using a scanner and no its not an epsom. Look forward to seeing a few responses.

Phil

IMG.jpg

Reverse

IMG_0001.jpg

Just remembered I have managed to get hold of a Krim which Weber refers to as the Souval type. Only just ordered it but here are the pictures captured from the dealer (I hope they dont mind but I have paid for it). I was very pleased to find this beauty now all I have to do is somehow think of a way of hiding the credit card statement before the wife sees it but then I am sure all us collectors have had to do this on occasions. :whistle:

Here are the pics/

SouvalKrim.jpg

souvalKrimR.jpg

Thankyou to you both for comments and that scanner of yours Pete really does a great job...will have to look into one. Mine will only focus on whatever is touching the glass. In otherwords the item must be flat like a piece of paper or photo. Maybe I should read the manual and see if I can adjust something or rather to do a better job. Cheers guys.

Hey Phil,

Nice couple of shields!

As for this comment:"I was very pleased to find this beauty now all I have to do is somehow think of a way of hiding the credit card statement before the wife sees it but then I am sure all us collectors have had to do this on occasions." Ah, no, whatever are you talking about? :whistle::blush::o

On the scanner issue; you might try to cover the top with a dark colored fabric that keeps the light leaks out and scan without using the actual cover. That might help get the details a bit better. I use an old camera and eventually will need to upgrade as it's only got 3.2 mexapixels. All comes down to lighting and macro focusing.

Tim

Edited by Tim B

Thanks for the tips Tim and I will certainly try that....as for the other would you believe collecting this stuff has already cost me one marriage. Yes I am not lying but what can I say..thank god for collecting TR items, best thing that has ever happened to me. :jumping:

Cheers Phil

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 years later...