News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Ahhhhhhh! VERY interesting! Back when I got this group in 1985, there was no personnel information with the award documents and the very nice Bavarian War Archives reported that privacy rules then allowed for release only of REGULAR officers' Auszüge aus der Kriegsrangliste. The inconsistency of his birth months (resulting from use of numbers transcribed incorrectly rather than just writing outthe name of the month) has been, I see here, continued as late as 1939. :banger:

Ancestry dot com (source of the above) has tossed a pile of paperwork atop one page after another in one of those scans. Last one is blurry-- could you make that any plainer, maybe by halving the long strip?

From the above, I can now add :jumping::jumping::jumping: his parents, religion, promotions to Oberleutnant dR and char. hauptmann dR aD, and the explanation of why he went "aD" in 1915!

Very interesting to see he was on a mchine-pistol course in 1918. :catjava:

Here, without further ado, and all in one place, The Lautenschlager Group!

THANKS VERY MUCH CHRIS!!!! :cheers:

These are very old and so small scans. Also have his KVK2X, Hindenburg Cross X (on a safety pin) Kyffhäuserbund Medal, and WW1 dogtag. Having been purged from the Bavrian civil service by the Nazis, he never remounted his medal bar, even though called back up for WW2 service as a Major dR zV.

Guest Rick Research

Jakob Leser gold centered BMVs are my favorites of all makers:

1911 type military Luitpold Jubilee Medal Urkunde:

Guest Rick Research

Standard III. K.B. Armeekorps award document for EK2

BMV4X with the (until today) mysterious designation "Lt dR aD!"

Guest Rick Research

His Black Wound Badge document (am still unaable to see when and where and in what part of his person he was actually wounded, from what Chris has posted--maty need to squint harder)

:whistle:

Guest Rick Research

I'm going to go with December as his birth month since the only place it is spelled out is on the above and on his first Auszug.

His EK1 document is my most Boonzaieresque... a HUGE pastel Art Nouveau thing, though much folded alas

Edited by Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

Kyffhäuserbund membership medal document:

Hindenburg Cross X document showing he'd been chucked out of the civil service at a "rank" equivalent to "Senior Major" (indicating qualification for higher positions)--

Whether that was political or for some "violation" of the Nuremburg race laws, stuill no clue. BUT

Guest Rick Research

whatever his "offense" was, he was back in army uniform during the Second War. :whistle:

Last but not least, his routine desk-riders' KVK2X document

Thanks again for filling in many important gaps in what I knew about him, Chris! :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

I knew Lautenschlager's 1914 civil service job from George's Bavarian Court and State Handbook. This is (he's 4th from bottom) the 1912/13 directory of Bavarian reserve officers, doctors, and officials from Eric's library:

Guest Rick Research

and his dog tag:

This is what I've combined form what I already knew about Lautenschlager's career with the NEW data that I can read from what Chris found:

Friedrich Lautenschlager born 24 December (records often mistakenly show January from use of NUMBERS copied incorrectly “1” and “12” rather than spelled out) 1885, Kehlbach, Oberfranken.

Son of Förster Josef Lautenschlager (died 31.07.1905) and Elisabeth Übler living in Weiden i.O.

One Year Volunteer in 7./ K.B. Inf Rgt 11from 01.10.07 to 30.09.08, promoted supernumerary Gefreiter 01.04.08 and supernumerary Unteroffizier 01.07.08, released as Reserve Officer Aspirant, promoted Vizefeldwebel dR 01.05.09

with reserve exercises 01.03.-01.05.09, July-September 1909, September-October 1911, July-September 1912.

Leutnant dR 10 January 1911 #239

Oberleutnant dR 01.07.15

char. Hauptmann dR aD 29.11.21

Hauptmann dR zV 1939

Major dR zV by April 1943

In 1913 geprüfter Kameralpraktikant at Bahnhofstr. 8/I l, Fürth

In 1914 Rentamtsassessor Neunberg vorm Wald near Amberg

later Rentamtsassessor Regensburg, Ostendorferstr. 2

by 1935 Regierungsrat (indicated qualified for highest civil service) i.R. living in München—purged by the Nazis “for” … ?

Awards:

Bavarian Army Jubilee Medal 01.06.11 as Lt dR KB Inf Rgt 11

Prussian Iron Cross 2nd Class 17.09.14 as Lt dR KB Inf Rgt 11

Bavarian Military Merit Order 4X 01.08.15 as Lt dR aD (KB Inf Rgt 11)

Black Wound Badge 09.09.18 as Oberleutnant dR KB Inf Rgt 11 (signed HdR Plötz ex- KB IR 16)

Prussian Iron Cross 1st Class 03.10.18 as Oberleutnant dR KB Inf Rgt 21

Kyffhäuserbund Medal 15.01.22

Hindenburg Cross for Front fighters 28.02.35 as Regierungsrat iR, München standard city form

War Merit Cross 2nd Class X 20.04.43 as Major (dR zV) stellv. GenKdo VII. AK

WW1 military service:

07.08.14 platoon commander with KB Inf Rgt 11 in the field

26.08.-18.09.14 Company Commander 7./ KB Inf Rgt 11

18.09.14 “sick” at Saulny

19.09.-12.10.14 in Festungs Lazarett Metz-Montigny

13.10.-23.11.14 Teillazarett Sanatorium Dornblüth Wiesbaden

23.11.14 to 31.03.15 Vereinslazarett Schloss Steinach (NO MENTION OF WHAT ailed him)

01.04.15 transferred to Ersatz Bn/ KB. Inf Rgt 11

05.04.15 released from all military service for “1 year” HOWEVER not re-mustered as “fit for war service” until 05.12.17 (!!!!!!!!) serving at home with

(BLURRY STRIP)

15.07.16 Company Commander in the IInd Replacement Battalion/ KB Inf Rgt 11

26.01.17 Commander 7th Company/unified Field Recruit Depot 5th (? 8th—can’t read) Bavarian Inf Division

ILLEGIBLE SECTIONS

28.02.-23.03.18 attended 64th Training Course for Machineguns at Hammelburg

03.04.-15.05.18 to “Waffen Offiziere” course Halberstadt

31.07.-10.08.18 to an instruction course for machine-pistols at Mons (?)

07.-27.10.18 recuperation leave in Regensburg and München

extended to 05.11.18

21.12.18-05.01.19 on leave Regensburg

05.01.19 discharged

• 7 years later...