News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

HELP IDENTIFY Police Helmet Plate

Hi, Will and Hello, Ian. I'm sure I posted a reply to this plate and Will replied, as I was going to give him the Chairman of Police Insignia's Collectors Association contact details. I wonder what happened ? We have an internet problem in S.A. at present - the main cable has parted and they are trying to repair. Surely the message wasn't deleted because I mentioned another Group ?

This helmet plate is a Night Plate and was worn - on a separate helmet for night patrols - the chromed plates reflected light very badly. As Ian says - 'B' Division - which is Knightsbridge , the area surrounding Harrods. The number was individual to the Constable and at that time was worn on either side of the tunic collar.

*** Mystery Solved. You had it posted on both Police sub-forums and I had replied to the World one. Hope I said the same on both.................

Edited by Mervyn Mitton