News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Royal Canadian Mounted Police badges and uniforms

There has always been great interest - Worldwide - in the RCMP, and the size this post has grown to, shows this clearly.

We had it 'pinned' early on and I think that this helped to attract attention - still, 52,000 is a great number of viewers. We

have just pinned the Australian Collection of Rod - hopefully, he will get extra viewers. Well done everyone. Mervyn

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some pics of 2 different sword knots used by the RCMP.

The top one is leather and the bottom one is called gold - the acorn looks like it is made of the gold wire bullion thread. The strap on the bottom one has the gold and purple colors found on commissioned officers' belts, though the belts have only one purple stripe.

The straps are attached to the sword handles.

I thought I would post such photos because some of you have likely seen pictures of Members holding swords, but seeing closeup pics of the sword knots are far less common. You can sometimes see pics of reproduction RCMP sword knots such as on auction sites. These are the real deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are 2 more RCMP badges.

Click on the pics for a better look.

The auxiliary badge is unofficial - not issued by the RCMP. However, it is well made, and my guess is that it was actually carried by an auxiliary constable regardless of whether the badge was issued or not.

Note that the auxiliary badge has no French on it. The transition to bilingual insignia began around 1972.

The retired badge is much more recent and has what the RCMP seems to like regarding retired badges - a very different look from the wallet badge, also called the identification badge.

The retired badge has a colored center crest and does not have the word POLICE on it in large letters (as on other Retired badges). It has a long wallet clip on the back.

The Member's regimental number has been blocked from view.

Still looking for other Retired RCMP badges.

Lots of RCMP things to see on my web site - noted on the pics.

Edited by insigniaguy

• 5 months later...

Here is a pic of a red serge/tunic from the RCMP, used by a lady in times past. Click on it for a better view.

These were first issued in 1975 and lasted until 1990 or 1991 - I don't have an exact date - if you know, let us know.

As you can see, the buttons are sewn on the left side of the serge, as is typical for women's clothing.

Finding a decent color pic of one of these is a little difficult, so I thought I would post this to this site.

These were worn with a white turtleneck and a skirt. The ladies also wore pumps. I just have the serge.

I have lots more RCMP insignia pictured on my web site, which is watermarked on to the photo.

I always have a bit of a soft spot for the RCMP. Back in the day when I first began collecting police insignia as a youngster I sent off a letter to the Mounties HQ. And by return they very generously sent a selection of beautiful full colour photos and a cap badge for my collection.

In fact it was always fascinating to receive a letter from some American or Canadian city's police chief with one of their patches enclosed. At the time they seemed very glamorous and colourful when compared with the British forces - who, without exception, never replied!

• 1 month later...

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2014/post-13839-0-59313600-1399499454.jpgI have a lot of RCMP uniforms badges patches ..etc for sale let me know what your looking for and I might have it

Edited by cuffs

Heres some stuff http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2014/post-13839-0-72519000-1399501203.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2014/post-13839-0-68809200-1399501785.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2014/post-13839-0-88000600-1399501925.jpg

** Please contact Cuffs by IM.

• 1 year later...
    On 2/22/2010, 6:40:27, Paul L Murphy said:

I also got a couple of sets of post 1953 anodised collar badges made by Gaunt and Scully. This pair is the pair made by Scully.

post-1487-126688202012.jpg

Do you have a pair you are willing to sell?

• 3 weeks later...
    • 1 year later...

RCMP-GRC CURRENT VERSION BADGE - RETIRGE-

I cant remember if it was LES saying check the back of the badge - unfortunately the RCMP issue badge is not hallmarked. the finish on some older badges being a faint gold like the RET one below have a slight curve to them ,but ive seen recruits coming out of Depot as recently as 2010 with badges that are flat and have a very polished deep gold color with noticeable pitting designs. 

RCMP badge.png

I heard recently from a Member that since around 2009, when recruits get their badges at graduation at Depot, their brand new wallet badge/ID badge has very pronounced pitting or pebbling on the background area of the badge.  This is the new thing and has been ongoing.  If you are able to view an older wallet badge with a 10 power magnifier, you will see that the background of the older badges is made up of fine dots as well.  But they are so fine that many consider the background to be a smooth finish.  On these newer badges, the pebbling is so pronounced, you can see it from a few feet away and up close you certainly don't need a magnifier to see this.  I also thought all wallet badges - old and current - were flat, to properly fit into the issued wallet.  The badges are typically attached to a small piece of leather with 2 small round rivets, which allows for easy insertion and removal with the wallet.

• 2 months later...
    • 6 months later...
    • 4 years later...
    On 18/01/2012 at 14:39, BERMUDA said:

RCMP LONG SERVICE and GOOD CONDUCT MEDALS:

Type 6 - Queen Elizabeth II - Number issued is unknown

The Type 6 medal with French language reverse was introudced in1989.

post-11555-0-70237000-1326897534.jpg

Would be interested to see photos, of this award when it moves over to the King Charles effigy, if anyone is in a position to do that? 

I assume these awards predate the 8th September 22?

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/news/2022/rcmp-long-service-awards-commendations-presented-25-exemplary-employees