News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unusual Crown Order - Bad quality photo

I found this polaroid from the 80s that has an, at least to myself, unusual variation of the 2nd Class of the Prussian Crown Order. It looks to be bejeweled and it also has the number 50 above the crown. Since it does not seem to be very common I thought I'd share this photo and ask if anybody can tell me anything about it.

All the best,

Ivan

Examples of Prussian orders with brilliants are out there, but are very scarce. Thies auctions them on occasion. I believe they were made as special presentation pieces for high-ranking recipients or members of a royal house. Having said that, better pictures would be in order to make any judgement on this one.

Examples of Prussian orders with brilliants are out there, but are very scarce. Thies auctions them on occasion. I believe they were made as special presentation pieces for high-ranking recipients or members of a royal house. Having said that, better pictures would be in order to make any judgement on this one.

I found this one in the database of Andreas-Thies auctions:

Pages-from-andreas-thies_35Auktion.jpg

CrownOrderBrlianten.png

They have had multiple different kinds of orders with precious stones over the last few years, here some others:

Pages-from-andreas-thies_33Auktion.jpg

RoteAdlerBrilianten.png

(images are somewhat enhanced by me)

Edited by OvBacon