News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gold Star of Vietnam

bifter

Hi Seb16trs!!!

I am guessing that the Vietnamese Gold Star is a rare one; but no one else seems to be talking to us!!!!! I know that they were not made of gold, or at least most of them were not that were issued to the Vietnamese themselves!!!! Maybe a few foreigners were given gold ones?

The current issue ones from 2007 (as seen on the 'Medal Hound' website) are 24K plate. I really am kicking myself for not buying one of the 2007 ones last year, when i had the chance. It was $200, & i was busy collecting Albanian at the time. I cannot find one anywhere now!!!

At the moment i am searching high & low for a 'Ho Chi Minh Order', a Cambodian 'Labour Order' & a Laotian 'Victory Order' - just thought i would mention that, in case you happen to have or know of any available!!!!! For seemingly cheap & 'lesser quality' manafactured awards, they are damn hard to come by!!! I have even offered high prices, to no avail!!! I offered $80 for the latter 2 each, & $300 for the Ho Chi Minh!!!

Either they are all rare, or no-one wants to let thiers go!!

hello, even if these orders don't generate much interest from collectors , I do not believe such an order proposed at 200 or 300usd is genuine... a good friend of mine travelled in VietNam and everything he observed left him the intimate feeling a LOT of things were faked.

Edited by seb16trs