News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Napoleonic Sketch

Bear

Hello,

Here is my latest purchase. :jumping:

Paris, May 20, 1809

Directed to my sweetness, Vernette

This is my portrait.

My dear,

There has been no shortage of all sorts of misery, but the greatest pain of all has been without a question our cruel separation that is always with me.

If fate puts the temperament in their hands, they may forgive their enemies, that they also have in front of their eyes the examples of their suffering, but above all that they look at the Son of God as they pray, and ask His Father for forgiveness of his enemies.

That’s all, my dear, the end of my message.

thanks,

barry

Hello,

Its an original drawing but I don't know who might have painted it. I've never seen another one like this item. He was a lucky fellow that his rear end wasn't fighting in Austria during this time.

I've been thinking of buying this book for a long time so this document gives me a reason to do so.

thanks,

barry

War Letters

Nice looking little book - I'd assumed that the portraait was in ink / watercolours, but as there's no detail in it the image that would identify a specific soldier, if it was a "general purpose" letter or card produced by some local entrepeneur - buy it & send it off as a "this is me".