News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hero and labour Hero of the Mongolian People's republic

Vatjan

Know the feeling, mate. Been giving exams. Gag.

The linked order to the "hero" (t1 & t2) is in English SUKHBAATAR ORDER. Not any super-dumb Herfurth Euro-tranlsliteration.

Just look about on this site, and/or ask me and others for images and wisdom.

(Working with Battushig on the 2nd Edition!)

I/we can provide close to 100% of images and accurate information, if you wish.

• Replies 260
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As if I would be interested in anything other than ACCURATE information, dear heart! Why do you think I hang out here with you lot?

Now amended to Sukhbaatar Order.

As if I would be interested in anything other than ACCURATE information, dear heart! Why do you think I hang out here with you lot?

Now amended to Sukhbaatar Order.

Thankee', Mam'. :forelock tug: You are in the A-#1 place for Things Mongolian. (Not as if most of the world cares?! But We do!)

As with South Asia, more information that You Ever Wished to Have 'tis forthcoming! :speechless1:

• 3 months later...

Sold on our favourite online auction recently as an official wearer's copy.

Right out fake is probably more like it :angry:

Just acquired one myself as well. Attached the pics. Figured I'd never be able to find / afford one so would go - for future display purposes - down this route. Slightly different version than the one you've shown. Soon we can start typology of fakes :cheeky:

Based on the size and quality of the image, it is hard to tell, especially as there are some very dangerous fakes about, and only having them in hand (the weight is off) or a CLOSE examination of the numbering (they don't have it 100% right) can make you certain. This seems, based on the image, to be well within the parameters for a type 1, but this is a tricky call for a solo, undocumented, non-grouped Hero without provenance (yes, I am making assumptions here).

An observation: The suspension ring seems too large and too thin. (I hate to sound like our Russian or German cousins in micro-dissecting obscure aspects of phaleristic anatomy, but . . . .) I see this as a cause for concern unless later specimens are different (though type 1 runs through at least 373). Compare to my recent direct-from-the-family grouped specimen:

Edited by Ed_Haynes

What caught my attention wasn't even that (although it should have) but rather the numbering.

Let's hope in Mongolian area of phaleristics the fakers don't immediately go from stone age to space age fakes because attached example of Soyombo is too tough to tell convincingly.

Let's hope in Mongolian area of phaleristics the fakers don't immediately go from stone age to space age fakes because attached example of Soyombo is too tough to tell convincingly.

I fear they're going (if they haven't already "gone") direct from no fakes to computer-assisted-laser-designed fakes.

:banger:

Hi Tang Si. I have one like that. It is a legitimate Type 2 badge (escapee unnumberd from the Central Bank), fraudulently named by one of the Ulanbaatar dealers (sloppy numbering and in a very wrong number range for a type 2). An interesting unissued badge turned into no more than a place-filler through clums7y faking efforts. Though I would rather see the fakers be clumsy than skilled!

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...

Hi Ed - any chance of perhaps posting a scan of Hero of Labor 373 and 420 bio's from the book?

Those are the 2 Soyombos in my possession (no documentation unfortunately) and would be interesting to see what "hypothetically" could be the story behind these 2.

Hi Ed - any chance of perhaps posting a scan of Hero of Labor 373 and 420 bio's from the book?

Those are the 2 Soyombos in my possession (no documentation unfortunately) and would be interesting to see what "hypothetically" could be the story behind these 2.

The :banger: problem is that the award numbers and serial numbers in the Sky Blue Bible don't match, quite :banger:

The three I have:

#38 - 95.37

#52 - 109.51

#79 - 137.79

No one (so far) can quite figure out what these goofy serial numbers relate to.

The highest number in the serial numbers in the book is 381 (a 2006 award), so your 420 may well be an unissued Bank escapee. (Though they are still being awarded, I think.)

If (and this is a BIG IF) 373 is 373, then:

Edited by Ed_Haynes

The "mother" of all long-service awards? :speechless1:

=================

Tuesday, 28 February 2006

?To strive for Mongolia? this is the oath 100 years old general took when he got state prize from the President of Mongolia. Just a few days ago he reached a hundred year. Mr. B. Tseden-Ish got Mongolian labor hero decorations ?Altan Soyombo? and Sukhbaatar. He worked for the Mongolian Army for over sixty years. In Mongolian history he is the first one who is over 100 years got this prize.