News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hero and labour Hero of the Mongolian People's republic

Vatjan

• Replies 260
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got all excited when I saw the price and the picture....but then I saw the big picture and now I'm not so sure....

I passed and I think with good cause...

Any thoughts?

JC

ps. I do still need one so.................... :rolleyes:

I think this is a fake .

While I can't, and won't, dismiss this one as easily and glibly as some seem to be able to, I do see some issues for concern. But I need to have a real one in hand for comparison, something I shall do when possible.

I also need to check my notes and see if I jotted down the numbers on the fake ones I saw in UB. Somehow, this number seems ominously familiar.

There are some very dangerous fakes of this award out there, especially dangerous if all one has to work with is a scan. In hand, the message is clear.

Closeup on suspension area of a type 1 (left) and type 2 (right badge, though with a very naughty serial number) specimen.

Weights (whole thing, screwpost and all):

T 1 - 41.35 g (# 52, 1962) and 41.25g (# 79, 1966)

T 2 - 29.95 g (faked number but a good badge -- bummer -- cheap, though)

Closeup on suspension area of a type 1 (left) and type 2 (right badge, though with a very naughty serial number) specimen.

Weights (whole thing, screwpost and all):

T 1 - 41.35 g (# 52, 1962) and 41.25g (# 79, 1966)

T 2 - 29.95 g (faked number but a good badge -- bummer -- cheap, though)

By the way, the serial number on that otherwise fine T 2 is "223". For the historical record(s).

OK, there's been so much (well-deserved) confusion over these labor hero badges of late, let me TRY to help by putting up two known (believed) good badges.

I'm going to try to pop forum image size limits.

T 1.

• 3 weeks later...

Already went through that thread... serial number ranges are a bit outside my particular interests, reverse views on the other hand... although I don't find pin-backs half as fascinating as some collectors do!!!

'Tain't no pinbacks on these puppies, Megan.

Disallowed to post the reverse on my T1. Sorry. :(

I can post (and I have) a nasty scan of the reverse on the T2 I have seen that is not mine (yet ......). (And pray for me, to whatever gods you revere.)

A prayer or two may be said, if only so that when (I have a good hit rate with praying!) you get your claws on the T2 you can do a better reverse picture.

Appreciated that if you do not feel able to present the rear of a T1 that's fine. Anyone else got a reverse view of one?

A prayer or two may be said, if only so that when (I have a good hit rate with praying!) you get your claws on the T2 you can do a better reverse picture.

Appreciated that if you do not feel able to present the rear of a T1 that's fine. Anyone else got a reverse view of one?

You want an "edited" scan? To exclude the number?

As this is all super-"tricky", maybe e-mail is best, Megan?? Many issues in play.

Or just go with Bat's image, which is "mine", of the obverse? All praise to the Great Photoshop.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

And the conjoined award received (from only 1945!) was the "ORDER OF SUKHBAATAR"

Please, no dumb Euro-transliterations!

:speechless1:

Work from Battushig's book, or just ask, please.

(A "work in progress", I know, I know, but please don't put bad information "out there"!)

Edited by Ed_Haynes