News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Swedish Medal

Gentlemen,

I have stumbled upon this little beauty at a local Antique shop and was wondering if anyone can provide a little bit of information as to what it was issued for and to value. I thank you very much for your time and interest.

Regards,

Joel

Gentlemen,

I have stumbled upon this little beauty at a local Antique shop and was wondering if anyone can provide a little bit of information as to what it was issued for and to value. I thank you very much for your time and interest.

Regards,

Joel

....need a photo.

It is a Swedish medal from the Royal Patriotic Society - most likely for long service.

In Sweden these societies has semi-official status when it comes to wearing the medals.

This one comes in gold and silver and in different sizes (and obviously with different obverses depending on the reigning monarch).

I'm sure our Swedish friends can tell you more... :)

/Michael

It's the small medal for the Royal Patriotic Society, awarded mostly for long faithfull service. In Sweden these go for about 250sek, 32usd. The ones with Oscar II are more popular than later kings.

See also:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17446&st=0&p=169267&hl=patriotiska&fromsearch=1&#entry169267

/Kim