News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 54
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jaba...nice document. I wonder if the documents varied as to the different grades of the award. I see this one is for the 3rd class and whilst waiting for a reply to this thread I actually found another identical document on a web site and it was for the 3rd class. Again many thanks.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

There are several types concerning size and signature of MVK documents. The siganture is usually by the acting Bavarian war minister.

The first type of war issues is signed by Colnonel General Otto Kreß von Kressenstein. The first award of MVKs in WW1 were on 11. september 1914.

Edited by Bavaria

The second type is signed by General Philipp von Hellingrath. He became bavarian war minister in December 1916, when v. Kress`s successor v. Speidel left this position. Until now, I haven`t seen a document signed by v. Speidel.

This document is for an "Beamter", so there is the addition "am Bande für Kriegsverdienst"

Edited by Bavaria

The size of the award documents changed at the middle of 1917 (the earliest one I`ve seen is from September 1917). This type was used until 3. November 1918. This was the last time the Kingdom of Bavaria awarded MVKs.

On the 8. November 1918 the new republic continued awards. Now signed by minister for military affairs Albert Roßhaupter under Kurt Eisner. In 1945/46 Roßhaupter again became minister of labour and social care.

Edited by Bavaria

After the bloody end of the Räterepublik in May 1919 minister-president Johannes Hoffmann came back to Munich with Ernst Schneppenhorst, who acted as minister until August 1919, when the Bavarian Ministry of Military Affairs was finally abolished.

Edited by Bavaria

One of the last type is signed by Oberstleutnant von Bressensdorf, who was responisble for the Heeresabwicklungsamt Bayern (Office of Army transaction Bavaria). This type is followed by one last one. It has a seal of the Bavarian Ministry of Forreign Affairs. I´ve seen one of this type, but I haven`t (yet) one in my collection.

Kind regards

Rudi

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 year later...

My first and only such doc so far... don't have it in hand yet but hopefully within the week:

I know less than nothing about these so anything anyone can tell me about it, including the name of the recipient and the signature would be deeply appreciated!

If a bigger version of the pic is needed please PM me with an email and I'll be happy to pop over a larger version.

Many thanks! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Edited by Hauptmann

My first and only such doc so far... don't have it in hand yet but hopefully within the week:

I know less than nothing about these so anything anyone can tell me about it, including the name of the recipient and the signature would be deeply appreciated!

If a bigger version of the pic is needed please PM me with an email and I'll be happy to pop over a larger version.

Many thanks! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Jakob Heinrich Bopp, born on 12 August 1891 in Mannheim, Baden. Unteroffizier der Reserve in the 20. Bavarian FAR (promoted to Sergeant in 1918). In civilian life a gardener. This MVK appears to be his only decoration (not even an Iron Cross).

There are also documents signed by Freiherr von Podewils during time of absence of v. Kress and v. Hellingrath.

According to me, this one (to Hermann Mahl) is signed by Speidel and not Podewils...

• 10 months later...