News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Jubilee (Police) Medal 1887

Guest pikemedals

Hi Paul,

Thank you for this new information.

It is a welcomed addition to my data bank on PC. C. Fairbrass.

Regards

Brian

hi brian can't make it to the n/a today as my laptop being pick up. so i got to stay in. but will go next week and look up ps fairbrass for you

hi brian can't make it to the n/a today as my laptop being pick up. so i got to stay in. but will go next week and look up ps fairbrass for you

No prpoblem. I really appreciate your efforts and look forward top the information.

Regards

Brian

Guest pikemedals

hi brian. went to the national archives on Tuesday and found this on ps fairbrass. PS 11-62076 FAIRRASS ABSENT FROM DUTY AND DIVISION WITHOUT LEAVE AND NOT YET RETURNED AND CONSIDERED UNFIT FOR THE POLICE.so that why he was dismissed this was in mepo 7/57 dated 17/06/1895 paul

hi brian. went to the national archives on Tuesday and found this on ps fairbrass. PS 11-62076 FAIRRASS ABSENT FROM DUTY AND DIVISION WITHOUT LEAVE AND NOT YET RETURNED AND CONSIDERED UNFIT FOR THE POLICE.so that why he was dismissed this was in mepo 7/57 dated 17/06/1895 paul

Thank you very much for all of your work Paul.

I have one question, should the "ps" before fairbrass and before 11-62076 be "PC"?

This is so much more information than I could ever have believed possible.

Thank you again.

Regards

Brian

Guest pikemedals

in the police orders.it has the rank,collar number,and the warrant number.so he was a police sergeant when he was dismissed.collar number was 11 and the last was his warrant number paul

in the police orders.it has the rank,collar number,and the warrant number.so he was a police sergeant when he was dismissed.collar number was 11 and the last was his warrant number paul

Thanks once again Paul.

I actually was wondering if the ps stood for police sergeant but then I thought that would have been too good to be true, as it often is in collecting.

Now I am very happy!

Regards

Brian

Edited by Brian Wolfe

Adding to the information already given:

Cornelius Fairbrass joined the force 31/12/1977 with the Warrant Number 62076. He left 17/06/1895 (dismissed) and was then a PS serving in G Division (Finsbury) with the number 11G.

This information comes from the discharge register and part of the old police orders database.

I'm sorry there are holes in my book as mentioned above but this is because I was struggling to get a complete picture for many of the men who joined before around 1879. So if there were too many blanks in a man's entry I had little choice but to omit them as the entry was of limited value. I do have various bits of information that may help pick up those not included in the book so please feel free to ask if you can't find someone.

Adding to the information already given:

Cornelius Fairbrass joined the force 31/12/1977 with the Warrant Number 62076. He left 17/06/1895 (dismissed) and was then a PS serving in G Division (Finsbury) with the number 11G.

This information comes from the discharge register and part of the old police orders database.

I'm sorry there are holes in my book as mentioned above but this is because I was struggling to get a complete picture for many of the men who joined before around 1879. So if there were too many blanks in a man's entry I had little choice but to omit them as the entry was of limited value. I do have various bits of information that may help pick up those not included in the book so please feel free to ask if you can't find someone.

All I can say, besides thank you for the information, is that your fellows are amazing!

What started out as a purchase through error has become one of my treasured artifacts of my collection.

Thanks again.

Regards

Brian