News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ORDER OF THE RED COMBAT BANNER

Vatjan

No problem, Dolf, just glad (realy glad) to see you over here!!

Help us disentangle all the mysteries of Mongol awards, please. We know so little. It is fun!

:beer:

(I shall be asking the fabled Dr. B about this this summer.)

Ed,

Thank you.

I can try my best, but you already have a member who has a great knowledge about Mongolian awards for which I really fall in love about some 3 years ago.

I'm talking of Jan (vatjan) to whom I owe most of the little bit I know. Thank you Jan! :beer:

Regards,

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

• Replies 283
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dolf,

The reason that I asked is that I have one(Guard's Badge) from the Soviet Union, Cuba, and Belarus. I have another coming in from the New Russian Govt as well. I was given the Cuban badge by a vet who made it to the USA! I would love to find all of these badges from the nations that had them.

Thank you for your help!

REgards

Paul

Paul,

You're right, I forgot about the Cuban Guards Badge. I had seen it already so I knew the Cuban Army also must have some kind of Guards military units, but completely forgot when replying earlier.

But I didn't know of other Guards Badges from other countries, including Belarus!

All 3 Guards Badges I have on my collection, that I mentioned on my PM, are from the Soviet Red Army, btw. 2 from the WWII and post-WWII period and 1 more recent.

Last year I visited a couple of Russian Navy ships (a battleship and a cruiser I believe) that stayed here a few days, and they had some Guards aboard. They were all wearing their Badge, the more recent type (but not the new Russian Federation one), and I was happy to take some pics :D

Anyway, these Guards Badges are very nice indeed! :love:

Regards,

Dolf

• 1 month later...

Here is my collection. It is the first time to post them together.

1st, s/n 1859

2nd, s/n 298

3rd, s/n 60

Thanks for this. Could you show us close-up scans of the reverses, please. Welcome to the forum and to our little Mongolian ger.

Guest Rick Research

:( again, just BASIC descriptions without the "hard" information we despersately seek as collectors--

nothing about numbers awarded, makers, and so on-- just text descriptions of what each type of badge looks like--

which we already know from looking at them! :(

:( again, just BASIC descriptions without the "hard" information we despersately seek as collectors--

nothing about numbers awarded, makers, and so on-- just text descriptions of what each type of badge looks like--

which we already know from looking at them! :(

Damn - not a lot of progress the last 16 years since this booklet came out then :(

Guest Rick Research

:( No. That's what I was hoping for too.

Well, it was a pioneer work for back then-- ad collectible now in its own right for that reason, like the 1960s and 1970s reference books that are waaaaay outdated for information value now.

I had hoped with his inside-the-Soviet-system connections before things fell apart that there might have been some "secret" information as to award numbers and so on.