News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

British & Commonwealth Military Police

Don't have much at the moment so my purpose in showing what I have is in the hope that if any of you Gentlemen spot any badges or shoulder titles for these organisations for sale with dealers or on EBay etc and you aren't interested yourself, could you please let me know.

Canada.

I need the Cap badge with Queens Crown and the Collar Dog with Kings Crown plus any older insignia pre WW2.

(The Canadian Military Police CMP is of course identical to the Corps Of Military Police CMP used by Britain. RCMP is included as the very first Canadian Military Police unit was formed from RCMP volunteers and continued to wear RCMP shoulder titles.

Zimbabwe

Need the previous type which had the Lion over "Rhodesia" in the centre and "Military Police" in the lower scroll, plus any shoulder titles.

As I get any additional stuff, I will edit these posts with updated images and hopefully, once complete (or as complete as I can get it), it'll make a useful record of all the MP badges of Britain and Commonwealth- or at least the metal ones, I've not gone into modern hand embroidered officers stuff.

Very nice and best of luck getting the Commonwealth stuff together. As an after thought should the current Military Provost Guard Force(?) also be included?? Although uniformed, badged and administered by the Military Provost they are in effect a civilian(all ex-military) outfit carrying out guard duties throughout the UK and eliminating the problem of units having to supply guards for camps and bases, when they would be better off doing other things.

Very nice and best of luck getting the Commonwealth stuff together. As an after thought should the current Military Provost Guard Force(?) also be included?? Although uniformed, badged and administered by the Military Provost they are in effect a civilian(all ex-military) outfit carrying out guard duties throughout the UK and eliminating the problem of units having to supply guards for camps and bases, when they would be better off doing other things.

Good point Graham, yes the MPGS should be included. I have never actually seen an example of their badge "in the flesh", only in photos.

After posting last night, a quick trawl on the Internet got me the Canadian Provost cap badge with Queens Crown, a rare MMP cap badge/shoulder title and the New Zealand Military Police (Kings Crown)- as it only had a crown and no cypher, I believe the same one was used for GeoV and Geo VI periods ( WW1 and WW2).

Leigh -Gawd ! Marrying up staybrite anodised badges and rubbery plastic accountrements should be some sort of offence.

Fortunately our RSM had no objections to people replacing their anodised RMP cap badges with decent Brass ones. Come to think of it a good number also took the opportunity on exercises in Germany to replace their issue berets with Feldjäger issue which were the same colour but better quality.

• 2 months later...

Did quite well on South Africa.

South Africa Mounted Rifles ( They provided the first MPs, followed by South Africa Field Artillery so if anyone know of one of these for sale please let me know) )

Nice stamped version with Scales ( my other one is cast )

Swords type in Brass with Collar Dogs

SACMP / SAMPK shoulder Title

• 2 weeks later...
    • 5 months later...