News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

police ambulance service

Guest pikemedals

Guest pikemedals

i got a 1902 police ambulance service coronation medal in a group of 6 medals.what am looking for is any information on this little unit.the medal is named to pte.g.b.f.churchill. any little help will do please

The police ambulance service was a small detachment which ran an elementary ambulance service, mainly stretchering and ferrying bodies and injured persons on litters and by horse drawn cart. Both the City of London Police and Met Police had an Ambulance service and it was staffed by both police officers and soldiers attached to the ambulance service.

I have an example of the 1902 and 1911 coronation ambulance service medals. I think there may even be 1897 jubilee to the ambulance service if memory serves me correct.