News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I absolutly love the German Pickelhaube, however there are so many States to collect, I decided to stick with Bavaria. I love the early pre 1910 wrappen with the leaves upon the lion's legs.

First Two Artillery helmets. One Raupenhelm for parade; while the second is marked to an artillery rgt on the inside. The helmet pre dates the "ball" attachment and retains the spike.

Hi Chris,

These are some nice specimens, thanks for posting them.

I too have always loved the Pickelhaube but I will probably have to be content to only have one on my wish-list.

Just too pricey for my budget.

Regards

Brian

Hi Chris,

These are some nice specimens, thanks for posting them.

I too have always loved the Pickelhaube but I will probably have to be content to only have one on my wish-list.

Just too pricey for my budget.

Regards

Brian

Very Cool Hats you have there! Butchbeer.gif

Thanks guys! They really are beautiful helmets.

I agree with you Brian, these have gotten so expensive lately it makes it hard to collect them. I have been lucky to find them from old collectors lately, rather than dealers which has helped a ton. I look at the dealer sites and my jaw hits the floor. Luckly Bavarian helmets seem to be a tad less expensive than their Prussian, Saxon counterparts.

Thanks again guys :)

Chevauleger hats, right to the 1st Chevauleger and the visor to the 6th Chevauleger

The belt is a pre war white belt used for dress for the Chevaulegers.

The photo was a gift from my fried Robert Noss, it shows a Bavarian Cav father along with his three sons in field grey, two medics and one priest.

• 6 years later...

Hi, Have to say that I love the EM Tschapka!! Would it be possible to show a photo of the liner? You see I have a 1912 dated 1st Bavarian Ulan Regt one and the liner looks original to the helmet, but is not the usual type seen in Tschapka's. However it is very similar to earlier style Bavarian mounted troop helmets and I have a theory that the Bavarians did there own thing. I have contacted the Military Museum in Bavaria, but so far have not hear back from them!!!
                         Great collection, thanks for sharing 

On 3/29/2010 at 05:59, hirevr13 said:

I've never seen a pick that I didn't like

This is my favourite pick:cheeky: and here is my favourite pickelhaube (well, a Kaiserhelm really)!:cheers:

Pickaxe.jpg

Kaiserhelm.jpg