News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 179
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darrell

Darrell,

You get so worked up over a couple of cases????  What's the big deal???     ninja.gif

You're right Jim .... I'd be alright if I had a Cased Mint 26 ... it would settle my nerves tongue.gif

Yes Sir,

VERY nice. Thank you.

Larry,

You should post a close up of yours. It's a really nice piece.

These are so under rated. I just love the look of them. Can't wait for a certain authors book to come out!!! biggrin.gif

Well Jim, as you know I dont ordinarily like to show off cheeky

I dont know what the picture is going to be like, but here you go.

Sorry but my camera does not do it justice, I had to scan it. Not as minty as Gordons, and I will admit I have though a few times of buffing it up, but in the long run, I think the patina is nicer. Yes it's good to run into Gordon again, from what I have been told "The Bible" will soon be going to the publishers. smile.gif

Edited by Laurence Strong

Fantastic. A couple of rare crosses here. I really like it Laurence.

Thanks to both of you for sharing these.

This is one great thing about the internet, a few years ago you just couldn't have seen these beauties except in old catalogs, and then in poor black and white photos.

The award ceremonies were often held in large public auditoriums and the awards made "en masse", a bit like graduation day at a university, with all the recipients taking their turn on stage to be handed their awards. There were usually "honour guards" from the military, always Ritterkreuztr?ger, to show the solidarity between those recieving thier awards for services on the home front, and those who were decorated for achievements "in the field"

Here, my friend Hein Springer from the Leibstandarte is one of the honour guards for the award to Franz Hahne

Great information Thank you very much Gordon :food-smiley-004: , I was not aware that military personel got the one without swords. Any idea what he did to recive it?

You have a freind who was in the "LAH", Cool smile.gif, I was in the food court at a mall in Red Deer, and there was an older grey haired gentleman a few table's away who was wearing a leather hat, and it had the Div sign for the 'Frunsberg", I so wanted to go ask him if that was it, but I had a concern that he might not take it the right way! I would be interested to talk to a vet from there, though they miight not want to talk about their experiences.

Here's another one of mine, It's purported to be an unmarked S&L

Edited by Laurence Strong

Laurence,

Lothar Kreuz was a Generalarzt, a high ranking Army surgeon, who was also rector of Berlin University. He got the award for his resarch into prosthetic limbs for wounded/disabled servicemen. He survived the war, remained in medicine, and was also decorated by the West German government with the Grossen Bundesverdienstkreuz

Here is another photo of him.

Does anyone have any of the propaganda postcards which featured awards and decorations ( usually on a red background) I know they did the KVK series and have been looking around for them. Seen a few with the EKs, Spanish Crosses etc but no KVKs. Nothings ever there when you look for it though !