News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Gentlemen,

I like to know if these awards below have a ribbon bar to wear in uniforms (expecificaly these classes)if yes, a like to view them :D or the commom ribbon bar of order is used?

Thx a lot in advance

Cheers

Crown Order - 2nd Class with swords - Kingdom of Prussia

Red Eagle Order - 2nd Class with swords - Kingdom of Prussia

Military Merit Order - 2nd Class with swords - Kingdom of Bavaria

Hello Gentlemen,

I like to know if these awards below have a ribbon bar to wear in uniforms (expecificaly these classes)if yes, a like to view them :D or the commom ribbon bar of order is used?

Thx a lot in advance

Cheers

Hi Alexandre,

I am not an expert but if these are all neck orders like i think they are then i do not think they would be on the ribbon bar. I would ask one of the Imperial experts to verify this. :cheers:

My best

Matt

Hello Gentlemen,

Thx a lot in advance

Cheers

Hello Alexandre:

While not an expert, I will share the following:

Officially, the representations of these classes of these particular awards were not worn on a field ribbon bar. However, there were always exceptions, and examples are known of some very high ranking German Officers (usually with connections to various ruling houses) wearing the ribbon of a particular Order on their field ribbon bar with a miniature representation of the higher class (neck class of the Order or sash class of the Order) on the ribbon in the style that was popular (and Officially sanctioned) with Austrian Officers. I recall in particular a field ribbon bar that I have seen which had Saxon Orders (SEHO, etc.) on it that may have been in the Seymour collection and later passed through the Thies auction. Perhaps GMIC member Deruelle will have a better recollection regarding that particular example. He IS an expert regarding the awards of Saxony and Thuringian States.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Hello Alexandre:

While not an expert, I will share the following:

Officially, the representations of these classes of these particular awards were not worn on a field ribbon bar. However, there were always exceptions, and examples are known of some very high ranking German Officers (usually with connections to various ruling houses) wearing the ribbon of a particular Order on their field ribbon bar with a miniature representation of the higher class (neck class of the Order or sash class of the Order) on the ribbon in the style that was popular (and Officially sanctioned) with Austrian Officers. I recall in particular a field ribbon bar that I have seen which had Saxon Orders (SEHO, etc.) on it that may have been in the Seymour collection and later passed through the Thies auction. Perhaps GMIC member Deruelle will have a better recollection regarding that particular example. He IS an expert regarding the awards of Saxony and Thuringian States.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Yes for example Friedrich, Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont...note the breast star device of the House Order on his ribbon bars!

Pierce

Yes for example Friedrich, Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont...note the breast star device of the House Order on his ribbon bars!

Pierce

Hello Pierce:

Thank you for providing this excellent example! The Order ribbon with the device is for an Austrian Order of the Iron Crown award. So, here is an example of a German Officer wearing an Austrian award in the Austrian fashion.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Hello Pierce:

Thank you for providing this excellent example! The Order ribbon with the device is for an Austrian Order of the Iron Crown award. So, here is an example of a German Officer wearing an Austrian award in the Austrian fashion.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Ah so that's what that is..Austrian Iron Crown...speechless.gif

Thanks SPM!cheers.gif

Pierce