News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Italian Carabinieri Visor Cap

Every time I have gone on holidays to Italy I have always wanted to acquire a Carabinieri visor cap. I think it is the size of the cap badge that is what has always impressed me most (apart from the fact that they are always impeccably turned out). I was in Italy last week and finally managed to get one through the good offices of an Italian friend and one of the local Carabs that she knew.

Enjoy :cheers:

Looks like everyone thinks the same about these caps and I must add my praise as well.

Nice addition Paul.

Regards

Brian

The Italians always do things stylishly.

Yet if the Italians can consciously design a smart cap the corollary to that must be that British uniform committees deliberately select cap styles that owe more to Fred Scuttle - and for a reason.

Paul - I think I was having a very ' senior moment ' - was tending to think of Force initials.....

Are we talking about the same cap - you say badge is gold bullion ?

This cap is for junior ranks and has a white metal cap badge. The one I want to get next is the version for a senior officer which has the same cap badge but in gold bullion wire and is even more impressive. I do not have one of these yet.

While that photo is extremely sharp, I have to admit while searching on line for it I saw some photos of a Carabinieri wearing some type of blue smock-like coat that was tremendously ugly (the fellow in the middle)!!!! :speechless1::speechless1: Not like their normally sharp appearance at all! Also, as a former US law enforcement officer, I find the idea of having the pistol, and the sword, hanging together on the same side a bit of a tatical disadvantage! :unsure:

carabinieri.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi Mike,

I think that you will find that the sword is only worn on ceremonial occasions and there are usually plenty of other Carabinieri around with weapons more handy ,like the guy in the middle of your photo, so getting to the pistol quickly is not a big issue.

The working jacket shown is slightly bulkier than would be smart to enable the wearer to wear body armour under it when required. This is after all the working uniform and if you look closely at his neck line it appears he has something obscuring the collar and tie.

Do you know how old the photo of the Officer wearing the cap is, I ask as for a while they were wearing a plastic version of this badge in the 1970's and 80's , it looked like embroidery from a distance but was actually embossed plastic on a felt background.

Regards,

Les

Hi Mike,

I think that you will find that the sword is only worn on ceremonial occasions and there are usually plenty of other Carabinieri around with weapons more handy ,like the guy in the middle of your photo, so getting to the pistol quickly is not a big issue.

The working jacket shown is slightly bulkier than would be smart to enable the wearer to wear body armour under it when required. This is after all the working uniform and if you look closely at his neck line it appears he has something obscuring the collar and tie.

Do you know how old the photo of the Officer wearing the cap is, I ask as for a while they were wearing a plastic version of this badge in the 1970's and 80's , it looked like embroidery from a distance but was actually embossed plastic on a felt background.

Regards,

Les

Hi, Les,

No, I'm afraid I don't know how old the photo is. I found it on the Internet. I thought it looked fairly new, but I really have no idea.