Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Recently bought this Meybauer cross, marked 900 with catch replaced. Unfortunately with some loss of the paint.

How big is the chance the wappen is under the catch plate? Think they were mostly placed in the middle and this is an unmarked example.

chances are slim, but that's a nicely done repair. it doesn't look like either the owner or jeweler was taking any chances of allowing the catch to break for a second time! cheers.gif

I'd say no chance the Meybauer logo is under the catch.

I really like the chunky replaced catch on it's baseplate though!

Regards

Mike

beautiful repair work!!this is one I'd

display from the reverse.

joe

I concur with joe on the reverse display! What a hardy catch too! Reminds me of some of the Godet catches you see on 1870 crosses. :cheers:

Edited by ekhunter

Yes, it adds some character to the cross. But I would rather have the original catch left. ;)

It's very nice to see a straight Meybauer pin for a change, they use to be rather beaten up.

They are now known as the three stooges. If anyone knows where i can find a Meybauer Schinkel 1939 pinback, please let me know. :cat:

Here's one I recently bought, repaired as well, but with the crest331748729_Schermafbeelding2018-09-01om14_49_34.png.fffae14e72d16a32a0e6f376a3a90965.png

Schermafbeelding 2018-09-01 om 14.49.45.png

Edited by ben bijker
typo.