News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Medjidie

Jonathan Hopkins

• 1 year later...

Hello Dear Clasiupripisi , 

That is a very beautiful Medjidie Breast Star but unfortunately it is not related with the 1877 - 78 Russian Turkish War . ( As far as i know , in Romanian Historiography it is Independence War )  . 

You need an older type ( But newer then the Crimean Type … : )  Medjidie Order .

Because this Medjidie Star Type ( I tried to explain them very clearly in my book .. ) is one of the last type of Medjidie Orders which are made between the end of 19th century and the beginnings of the 20th century untill the end of the Empire which are also made in Turkish Mint . ( Darphane-i Amire ) 

A small tip ; they are the types of Medjidie orders that came with the paperboard boxes .. not velvet … And also their mint marks on reverse is slightly different then the former Medjidie examples .. 

Hope it helps .. 

Avsar IBAR

• 1 month later...

Is there, by any chance possiblity to find out a bit more about this specific piece, e.g. time of production, region of manufacture, etc.

I suppose it's a genuine one, and most probably IV class. 

Unfortunately, I know so little about Osmanic orders and medals, although I am from Serbia, where there are not so uncommon to find on the photos from late XIX century...

Screenshot_20230327-184541_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230327-184548_eBay.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got received this order. Here are much better pictures.

20230413_033148.jpg

20230413_033229.jpg

20230413_033249.jpg

Quite surprisingly, it's without any markings on the body, but on the ring only one makers mark could be found. There are no markings for precious metals, and the main body is definitely made of silver.

Any clue who produced it? I can only read "CB" with the crown between the letters.

I have seen a similar piece on Emedals, but unfortunately without any information about the producer.

20230413_033758.jpg

Edited by Daffy Duck