News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1870 Iron cross, need help

Hello Fellows,

I've just gotten interested in collecting Imperial German medals after decades of studying the history and politics of especially the WWI era. I am quite frustrated regarding this ninth bead thing, it really is "mute" (not screaming) to my eyes. I've asked before but my fellow member was unable to explain it due to our language differences.

Could someone please explain what I should be seeing in the photos of the post.

Is the ninth bead only found on the 1870 cross fakes or it is common on other fakes of Imperial EK's?

At this time I would purchase such a fake and be completely ignorant of what I should have seen.

Thank you for your assistance, it is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Brian

P.S. I could not find this information in the section dealing with fake German medals here on the forum. It may be very useful for someone with the knowledge to post this information in that section. I don't mean to suggest what anyone should or shouldn't do, as it does sound rather presumtuous of me, but it would be a permanent resource for the new collector of such items.

Edited by Brian Wolfe

Hello hagahr,

Thank you very much, now I am enlightened (and a little embarrassed :blush: ).

As ekhunter said it really does scream at you. I was counting the beads thinking that it had to do with the number of beads.

So would this mean that the fakes were all made by the same company or person around the same time? There must have been a lot of these made for this to be one of the tests of authenticity.

Thanks again for adding to my education.

Knowledge is power and power, in this case, could prevent an error.

Regards

Brian

at the time this fake was found ,,A lot where found at Ebay and on shows

and still there many around ,,,,

a real attempt to fool collectors ..

don't know what time they are from ,,or,, who made them,,, .

but study the original ek's before you buy ,,not the copy's.

Wagner 1870 and godet 1870,,,fore a start

Edited by hagahr

• 2 weeks later...