News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What do you know about Bavarian MVOs and MVKs

Hello Claudio

Thank you for showing.

Your MVK 3. Kl with crown and swords is very rare. It´s the last type of Deschler. This type has an one-piece cross (no separate fixed medaillons) and is made out of zinc (Kriegsmetall). Be aware, that there are a lot of falsified MVK3kr x (former copper/bronze cross with gray/zinc coating).

Original pieces have a very specific fixing of the iron swords.

Kind regards

Rudi

Original pieces have a very specific fixing of the iron swords.

That's exactly the reason why I purchased that medal bar. You can recognize also from the picture (see rost on the swords); these swords are magnetic.

Thank you for your determination of the maker.

ciao,

Claudio

• 7 months later...

If you check post no. 80 earlier in this thread there's a nice Hemmerle piece without swords.

Honestly, I don't have best feeling about the cross you posted above. But peace time crosses are so rare that I've seen 2 (two) so far that were 100% originals.

I'm not saying that 'yours' is wrong, it's just the feeling.

Many thanks Gents! :beer:

I also have doubts about this item. It seems to me , this is the original non silver BMVK 2nd class with attached fake top part and new made ring.

Edited by Sergio

Many thanks Gents! :beer:

I also have doubts about this item. It seems to me , this is the original non silver BMVK 2nd class with attached fake top part and new made ring.

In recent few weeks this seller has been offering more and more interesting bavarian awards. He started with MVO 4th class without swords which (from poor photos) seemed to be a good one. Same week he was selling also MVK 3rd class with swords and crown made of zinc which turned out to be at least a questionable item. Week later he offered 2nd classes without swords one of which you posted here. Both more questionable than the zinker. Yesterday he started another set of auctions this time offering MVKs 1.class with and without swords + crown. Let me say that a serious collector would not like to have these items in his collection...if you know what I mean :)

http://shop.ebay.de/graf-eisenstein/m.html

• 4 months later...

Another MVK III , in Box from Jacob Leser , but is it a Leser Cross ?

I would like to get a box to every maker at least III class , 2nd class and above is so expensive so I´m glad if I just can afford a box at all :D

Christer

Hello Christer,

post 151 - it's Hemmerle, post 153 - Weiss, post 154 - Leser.

Would be interesting to post picture of the 'GH900' hallmark. Never seen something like that before on a 3rd class.

Thanks.

Opinion needed: What do you think, original or copy?

Period of production?

Thank you for your opinion and your help :-)

Hello, there's no problem with your Weiss&Co. 2nd class.