News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What do you know about Bavarian MVOs and MVKs

• 2 months later...
    • 3 months later...

Hello,

the box is for a second class crown swords.

This cross was not awarded during WW1.

Only Hemmerle and Leser built crosses in this rank.

Deschler produces only second and third classes during WW1.

For me it is a fake.

Andreas

Edited by spolei

• 1 month later...

Hello Lambert,

I have no suspicions about this MVK. It is a Hemmerle second class with crown and swords.

It was awarded to an official, because the ribbon is for "Kriegsverdienst". The bar looks like prussian, because the prussian service medal. Possibly a bavarian official in prussian army. Or a prussian official who was decorated by the bavarian Kingdom.

Edited by spolei

• 3 months later...

Hello Alan,

at first, it was difficult for me. I've compared this cross with my pictures, but by my opinion it is a fake.

The swords are Deschler-swords, but I know MVK's, where the swords hat be retrofittet, so Deschler-swords could be used.

The cross is a early Deschler, the frontmedaillon is one piece ( regular three piece).

Deschler hasn't produced this kind of MVK, only Hemmerle and Leser.

Sorry

Edited by spolei

Hello Alan,

at first, it was difficult for me. I've compared this cross with my pictures, but by my opinion it is a fake.

The swords are Deschler-swords, but I know MVK's, where the swords hat be retrofittet, so Deschler-swords could be used.

The cross is a early Deschler, the frontmedaillon is one piece ( regular three piece).

Deschler hasn't produced this kind of MVK, only Hemmerle and Leser.

Sorry

Great summary spolei, Thanks very much

• 3 months later...

I need to read this thread completely but without photos showing it makes it hard to follow. While I'm waiting for the photos I'll post this...was on eBay not that log ago:

_571_zps45d750c1.jpg

_572_zps23b0e829.jpg

I think when I discussed this on a Spanish forum, the consensus was that only the swords were made by Deschler and had been added to the cross but the cross itself was from another maker. Is that correct that Deschler was not a maker of the 4th class?

Hello,

last time I had a lot of problems with the new forum, I couldn't write anything.

This MVO with the Deschler-swords is a Hemmerle-cross.

The signs will be on the frontsite of the agraffe under the swords.
    I've never seen MVO's with Deschler-swords. Deschler wasn't a manufactuere for the MVO, they produce only MVK second and third class. Can you show a picture of the whole backside of theses MVO?

I want see if it is a gold or a silver gilt medaillon.
    What kind of ribbon has the MVO, would you show us the complete bar?

Cheers Andreas

• 4 weeks later...