News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

During my research in the GStA PK, I came across to a nearly unknown badge, which was awarded by Wilhelm II in his exile.

Since this badge has not yet been published extensively, I have written an article (yes in german language, sorry) about it, to show the Gorgo-Badge in public.

If you interest in the Gorgo-Badge look to my article on my website:

http://ordensjournal.ordensmuseum.de

Greetings

Red

Red,

An excellent article and and even more impressive find. It is not every day that a previously unknown item is presented to the public, and in such a well-researched and documented format!! Thak you for bringing our attention to your article.

Respekt!!!

Andy

Red, I can only read a little German and the article looks very interesting. If I may ask a few questions:

1. What was the award criteria?

2. How many were awarded?

3. Is there an award document?

4. What was Wilhelm's title on the document?

I am curious how the Wilhelm was addressed after he abdicated. Was he still address as his royale highness?

Red,

Thank you for writing the article and bringing it to our attention.

There is a lot of detailed information in there. It's interesting to see the complete list of people, all of them academics/scholars and not military or political figures, awarded the "Gorgon" badge, and also a list of those who were awarded the "Becher."

Red, I can only read a little German and the article looks very interesting. If I may ask a few questions:

1. What was the award criteria?

2. How many were awarded?

3. Is there an award document?

4. What was Wilhelm's title on the document?

I am curious how the Wilhelm was addressed after he abdicated. Was he still address as his royale highness?

I want to answer your questions, so good as I can in my restricted english.

1. Every member of thr D.A.G. (Doorner Arbeistgemeinschaft) was awarded. The award criteria was only the membership.

2. This badge was 19 times awarded. Ca. 25 times manufactured.

3. Normaly the members dont receive an award document. They receive the badge from Wilhelm II. directly. But I know one time, where the member dont receive this memberbadge direct. In this case he receive an award document. I show it in the attachments.

4. Wilhelm dont wrote his titel in the document. Her only wrote "Ich". His sign was Wilhelm J.R.

All people call Wilhelm II. "Seine Majestät der Kaiser".

Red

• 6 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...

And at last, I present you the Anniversary-Cup from Ulrich Freiherr von Sell, owned by his son. I found it somewhere in Berlin. :)

But I take only the photographies. Look at the right side of the photo. The cup is still in his family.

Now, I think this is the end of this little story. But for me, it was a treasure hunter story!

For more photos, look at the end in my Ordensjournal 21.

Schlussbild.jpg

Edited by Red Eagle

• 6 years later...

Since I have been able to buy an original engraved anniversary mug, and probably not in the future, I have decided for a different solution. After a long search, I bought a nearly identical mug and had it hand engraved by an engraver like the anniversary mug after the original. Now this mug stands as a replacement for the original not to be procured in my showcase.

Becher1.JPG

Becher2.JPG

Gorgo.JPG

Chiffre.JPG

Marke.JPG

• 2 weeks later...