News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Tiananmen Square Medal

bmsm

This is a medal for the Tiananmen Square Protests of 1989. It has also been called the Tiananmen Square Massacre and in China it is known as the June Fourth Incident. This medal was issued to the People's Liberation Army participants for service during the Tiananmen Square Revolt of 1989.

The medal is 2.56 in. high and 1.625 in. wide at it's widest point The medal ribbon bar is 1.75 in. long and .50 in. wide and has a small pin on the reverse.

The presentation box the medal comes in has a red material covering with flower designs over all the box and there is writing on the lid of the box. On the inside, the cover has white material with a red ribbon in the lower left corner and the bottom where the medal and ribbon rests is a burgandy color and an indentation for the ribbon and medal to sit into. The catch is a white plastic wedge which fits into a loop. The box is 4.56 in long, 2.5 in wide and .56 in. thick.

Bob

A close up of the obverse of the medal and hanger inside the box.

A picture of the reverse of the ribbon bar and the white plastic catch to the box.

Bob

I also have another medal with the date of 1989.6 on the obverse. Does anyone know if ther was a seperate Tinanmen Square Medal for officers and enlisted men?

This medal is 2.875 in. long, 1.68 in. wide and is housed in a red cloth lined indented box with a clear plastic lid. The back of the box has a built in stand to support the box for viewing.

Bob

• 7 months later...
    • 10 years later...

I wonder if they’ll issue a campaign medal for genocide of the Uighurs?  I am sure they decorated some politicians and some in the military for the assistance to the state for that. It would be interesting to read the commendations for those awards. 

• 1 year later...