News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Photos of British Troops Wanted

A friend, Jon Mills of the Military Heraldry Society, who has authored several books on British Military uniforms and insignia is currently writing another book on British cloth insignia 1939 to 1967. He asks if any of the members can supply him with photos of British and empire soldiers or Marines wearing shoulder titles, formation signs and trades badges etc on battledress, khaki drill or jungle green uniforms for use in this book.

Attribution will be given if requested and, of course, photos should be free of any copyright problems.

Members can email hi-res photos to Jon at cdwardens@yahoo.co.uk. I trust that this request is not violating any forum rules. If it does then I am sure the relevant authority will remove it, but it is in the cause of gathering information into a coherent work which we can all enjoy.

Attached is the type of photo that Jon is after.

Thanks,

Stuart

Noor,

thanks for posting. Could you email a hi-res version to Jon at the address in post #1. I don't know whether it is exactly what Jon wants, only he knows that. And include your name for attribution.

Many thanks,

Stuart

PS. I am trying to get him to join the forum.