News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 4 months later...
    • Replies 52
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

So far discounting the early schlitten with the drum like wheel on the sides I believe there is still the 3 WWI variations.

All different for manufacturing economy reasons. However initially I relied on the dates to determine the progression and classed them as Mk I to Mk III, but then owners have shown a Mk I with late WWI dates and Mk III with a 1917 date!

So maybe it is a combination of economy AND manufacturer. It would be really useful to have some register of known sleds reflecting the year and factory maker.

Anyway it is all about the sled deck and the omission of the oil/jelly box then the small spare parts box. The so called Mk III sled therefore would have just the spare barrel fittings and tools.

I can do images if you wish.

Mark

Eric may know the US source that used to make very good reproductions of the sled pads, I do not sadly. There is a big demand for such a thing though but the US poc stopped years ago I believe. Someone somewhere must have the correct manufacturing designs though?

mark

That would be great!

I thnk mine is 1913 dated. Will check when i get home.

Do you know anyone who does good horsehair replacement pads?

Well

I don't know its dog eat dog out there Lol! I'll send a pm but football is on telly right now!!....OR send me your mount Chris and I'll try find a replacement mount WITH pads.... :whistle:

Eric

• 6 months later...
    • 2 months later...

Funnily enough I have just posted on the drag straps thread. These are two drag strap fittings on this relic. I added them after seeing a super photo of some captured MG08 combinations showing the straps still attached - whole ones. So just to add some interesting detail to the dug up rig I added these dug up drag hooks.

Mark

Mr Williams I am flattered if you think I am 'competition! However Chris, Chip and Eric are the big boys and there are a few key "players" in France and Belgium too.

My 'wish' list of items to find is still worryingly too long :>)

Mark

Mr Williams I am flattered if you think I am 'competition! However Chris, Chip and Eric are the big boys and there are a few key "players" in France and Belgium too.

My 'wish' list of items to find is still worryingly too long :>)

It's good to know who the other interested parties are to exchange Christmas gifts with interesting items........... :cheers:

...Chris, Chip and Eric are the big boys and there are a few key "players" in France and Belgium too.

Mark,

I only wish I was in that bunch. You guys have the heavy hardware. All I have are a few accouterments, but thanks all the same.

Chip

Ed - is it time for you to post images of your collection? it sounds rather impressive.

Mark

I already have Mark when I first joined. Once I add more items, I'll update the photos and post them. Until then, donations to fill empty spaces would be greatly appreciated....remember, it's better to give than receive!!!! :cheeky:

...remember, it's better to give than receive!!!! :cheeky:

Woman to man " remember, its better to give than receive"

Man to brain cell " remember, blank blank blank blank blank receive"

Brain cell to mouth " Yes Pet "

Confucius Hoss