Freiwillige

Please help to identify royalties and high-ranking officers

13 posts in this topic

Please help to identify as many persons as possible on these photos that I got recently.

No.1 Official visit of Austrian-Hungarian Emperor Karl to the South-Western front. Any ideas who is the general accompanying Emperor? His awards are: Oesterreichischen Ordens der Eisernen Krone, Militaer-Maria Theresien-Orden, Militaerverdienstkreuz and Prussian EK-II.

Here's the fragment of the previous photo with an unknown Austrian general.  

No.2 No idea who is here :banger: Please help to identify any of these persons!

I assume here we have a visit of Ludwig von Bayern to Austria. At least he wears Orden vom Goldenen Vlies (neck award), Golden Jubilaeumshofmedaille, Militaer-Maria Theresien-Orden (breast star), Militaerverdienstkreuz (breast star) and ungarischen St. Stephan-Orden. These awards are visible on the next photo with the same person.

Fragment with a Bavarian king (?)

He is wearing a Hungarian Colonel Rock. 

Fragment with a high-ranking civil servant. Austrian or German?

Fragment with an unknown and high decorated Feldmarschalleutnant. Among the awards - Orden vom Goldenen Vlies (neck award), Oesterreichischen Ordens der Eisernen Krone (breast star), etc. etc. According to the awards he is wearing he should be a kind a relative to the Austrian Emperor  :rolleyes:

No 3. The last photo with the same persons. Who are in the centre?

I can identify King Ludwig iii of Bavaria in AH uniform , Kaiser Karl I in bavarian regimental uniform , empress Zita and queen Maria Therese of Bavaria . The civil servant is bavarian , I dont know the name of the feldmarschalleutnant but iam able to say that he is a personal adjutant to kaiser Karl . 

Is the civil servant wearing a Bavarian Crown star on his left?  Great image of Starry Cross, lady face obscured by King  Ludvig III.  

Hard to affirm but looks as a Commander star of the civil merit of the crown order . 

The Generaladjutant is Feldmarschalleutnant Zdenko Prinz von Lobkowitz, Herzog zu Raudnitz.

Regards

Glenn

King Ludwig was the Inhaber of the k.u.k. 62 Infanterie Regiment. He wears the colonel uniform of the regiment.