News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

SOUTH AFRICAN CONSTABULARY COLLECTION

Mike

Congratulations on a very comprehensive and attractive collection. I have got rid of most of my SAC material, but I have kept the five-clasp QSA that belonged to Superintendent W T S Mark, who was the SAC's Chief Armourer.

Regards

Brett

NIce - the Victorian crowned badge, is it shown complete or should it have a seperate devce such as the lion insignia in the centre?

Hello Leigh......

There is normally a coloured leather patch behind the voided badges which denotes the squadron that they belong to which would match the piping on the shoulder title.....

There is no Lion on the Pre-1902 badge it is blank, with the exception of the Medical slouch had badge which has a circular White enamel device with a Red Cross in center.....

HEADQUARTERS - Red

"A" DIVISION (Western Transvaal) - White

"B" DIVISION (Northern Transvaal) - Light Green

"C" DIVISION (Eastern Transvaal) - Light Blue

"D" DIVISION (Orange River Colony) - Deep Yellow

Mike

Hello Leigh......

There is normally a coloured leather patch behind the voided badges which denotes the squadron that they belong to which would match the piping on the shoulder title.....

There is no Lion on the Pre-1902 badge it is blank, with the exception of the Medical slouch had badge which has a circular White enamel device with a Red Cross in center.....

HEADQUARTERS - Red

"A" DIVISION (Western Transvaal) - White

"B" DIVISION (Northern Transvaal) - Light Green

"C" DIVISION (Eastern Transvaal) - Light Blue

"D" DIVISION (Orange River Colony) - Deep Yellow

Mike

Interesting, seems an unusual design - Id've thought, coming across the badge without central device that it would be Indian, Sikh.

• 5 years later...
    • 4 years later...
    • 1 year later...

It is going very well but I am only doing it for the Canadian Scouts.....  I assisted with the author of the Regimental History and another collector of the Scouts whom I am sorry to say have both passed away so there is just me looking after them now.....   The author who also wrote the History of the Canadians in the SAC.....   Am still working on my main collection trying to complete it which I never will but it is fun.....   Keeps the grey matter working......

Mike