9 hours ago, Bayern said:

Hello , Beewax is used today by the Blues and Royals for their parade boots in the inside ... personally i used for old and very dry leather items a the following a mixture of egg yolk and olive oil ...

I would be worried that such a mixture might attract insects, as it is 'edible', leading to damage over time.  Is this your own recipe or is it recommended by restorers and curators?

Peter. The recipe was given to me years ago by a tanner , to prevent the action of insects or fungus ,is convenient to add to the mixture some boric acid . five grains for each egg yolk .

On 12/05/2019 at 23:44, Bayern said:

The recipe was given to me years ago by a tanner , to prevent the action of insects or fungus ,is convenient to add to the mixture some boric acid . five grains for each egg yolk .

Good to know.  Thank you!  I have just enough training in museum conservation to be a little suspicious of 'home recipes' but one would assume that a tanner would know. :)

Hello Peter, I understand .A question ,which kind of leather item you want to restore?