News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

S R I C F -U.S. Masonic medal

FireMedals

The Societas Rosicruciana in Civitatibus Federates (SRICF) was formed in April 1880, in Philadelphia PA. The society is divided into Colleges, I believe only one per Masonic jurisdiction in the U.S., which means one per state. I believe they are a U.S. organization only. Membership is by invitation only and limited to a certain number of members, who must be Master Masons in good standing, and of the Christian faith. They generally serve as Masonic historians, publishing papers on areas of Masonic interest, and often have some interesting information and research. Unfortunately these papers are seldom seen outside of Masonic magazines and newsletters.

The reverse of this jewel is plain, but they occasionally engraved with the recipient's name and motto. When a candidate is selected for membership he has to come up with a Latin motto unique to his college. This medal was in use in the early 1990?s. These awards are quite rare due to the limited membership and because the medals are returnable upon the death of the member and are re-issued to new members.

Firemedals

Kgard,

Obviously the same organization, with the usual English twist you find in Freemasonry. We do use the title of Frater also. I didn't think of including that. And yes, there were no central insignia, etc., on the cross in the American jewel for any members that I recall.

You're right about the presentation of papers, but ours was pretty much all about Masonic topics, but that was just the College I was affiliated with.

Can you post the SRIA website again? It didn't show up on the message...at least not on my computer. I'd love to see a listing of the papers for 350+ years of research.

Firemedals

Edited by FireMedals