News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Three Bar Sudan (1910) and British WW1 Trio Group

• 4 months later...

Hi Will,

I used to have a fully named WWI Trio to the Egyptian Army, but alas now gone to a new home funnily enough in South Africa !!!, but thought I would post another trio that I have aquired to a:

Mulazim Awal, (1st Lieutenant). Medical Corps, Egyptian Army.

Awards.

Khedives Sudan Medal 1910, 2nd Type, with clasps: DARFUR 1916 – FASHER, un-named as issued.

British War Medal, named, Mulazim A. Med Corps. E.A.

Victory Medal, named, Mulazim A. Med Corps. E.A.

Miniature set of the three above medals.

Of the ten MIC's found at the national Archives to El Mulazim Awals of the Medical Corps, Egyptian Army, Three were serving attached to the New Zealand Army Medical Corps and were awarded a, 1914-15 Star Trio. The other seven candidates were all awarded a British War and Victory Medal Pair. It seems that none of the MIC's named to natives of the Egyptian Army indicate weather they were awarded the Khedives Sudan 1910 Medal, as the one's to British Officers of the Egyptian Army.

As the Trio here also accompanies the miniature medals mounted on a Spink & Son bar, presumably as worn, could it be possible to further narrow down the recipient by his name. By this I mean if he was from the upper classes of Egyptian society and could afford to travel to the UK and have his miniatures mounted by Spink and Son, could a recipient be picked out from the below list by his name ???.

Wadia, Effendi Lebnan. El mulazim Awal. Medical Corps. Egyptian Army.

Raif, Effendi Yacub Neddeh. El Mulazim Awal, Medical Corps. Egyptian Army.

Philip Effendi Sabet, El mulazim Awal, Medical Corps. Egyptian Army. Attached N.Z.A.M.C.

Taufik Effendi Abdelmelek, El Mulazim Awal, Medical Corps. Egyptian Army.

Suleiman, Effendi Hassan Abaza, El Mulazim Awal, Medical Corps. Egyptian Army.

Khelil Effendi Jabour, El Mul Awal, Medical Corps. Egyptian Army. Attached N.Z.A.M.C

Nicola Effendi Girgis, El Mul Awal, Medical Corps. Egyptian Army.

Gamil Effendi Kiryakus, El Mul Awal, Medical Corps. Egyptian Army.

Murad Yusef Effindi Abu, El Mul Awal, Medical Corps. Egyptian Army. Attached N.Z.A.M.C.

Joseph Effendi Saba, El Mul Awal, Medical Corps. Egyptian Army.

ATB, Brian.

post-9315-057555700 1288450743_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vanuatu Blue